We are seeking a collaborative Human Resources Generalist for our Mountain Region, based in our Las Vegas, NV office. As part of the Mountain Region HR Team, this employee relations focused role provides support to multiple offices with the states of Nevada, Colorado, Utah and Arizona, and partners with the other members of the Mountain Region HR team and firm-wide/nationwide HR team.
- Provide proactive, in-person support across the Mountain Region offices with a primary focus on the the Las Vegas and Reno offices in Nevada. Partners with Mountain Region HR team to provide region-wide support as needed.
- Consult with partners on general employee relations concerns, performance management, terminations, team-building, complaint/conflict resolution, and career development.
- Conduct new hire orientations and lead new hire integration activities.
- Serve as a benefits point-of-contact by responding to questions and educating employees on company benefit programs.
- Manage leaves of absence, including FMLA, PDL and workers' compensation.
- Manage various HR processes, including classification changes, salary reviews, performance reviews, etc.
- Develop, coordinate and facilitate multiple training programs.
- Provide recruiting support throughout region which may include reviewing resumes, attending networking events, interviewing recruits, etc.
- Manage special projects that have region-wide and/or company-wide impact.
- Bachelor's (or Master's degree) in Human Resources or related field
- 8+ years of recent HR generalist experience, to include at least 5 years of employee relations experience
- This position requires day travel across the Mountain Region offices (Nevada, Colorado, Utah and Arizona) and occasional overnight travel within the Mountain Region and/or other regions across the U.S.
- Knowledge of federal and state labor and employment law
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and HRIS systems
- Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal communication, presentation, and relationship building
- Excellent organization and follow-through skills as well as the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with limited daily supervision
- Ability and desire to work collaboratively with team members within the region, as well as across the firm, to meet goals
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and provide excellent internal and external client service
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SCP strongly preferred