- Provides confidential counseling to managers and employees, consistent with policies as they relate to work improvement, corrective action, interpersonal, work team issues or human resources policy interpretations.
- Makes recommendations to implement strategies focusing on strengthening positive culture.
- Assists with management training.
- Reviews corrective action notices for appropriateness and follows up with management.
- Communicates trends and provides feedback on a departmental level.
- Accesses various human resources databases to process, retrieve and maintain all relevant human resource documentation for assigned areas.
- Responds to a variety of telephone and in-person inquires regarding policies, procedures, benefit plans and compensation processes.
- Accesses the electronic applicant tracking system intermittently to retrieve and process internal and external applications for a client group.
- Reviews departments' salary structures to ensure equality is maintained when communicating job offers to candidates.
- Communicates to human resources associate when to schedule various tests/background checks required for the post offer employment process.
- Conducts audits of completion rates for annual performance management process, salary administration process, employee engagement survey participation rates and ongoing reviews or updates of service groups' impact plans.
- Reviews employee data change forms submitted by group service managers for completeness and accuracy and communicates approval or denial of change to HRIS within 48 hours.
- Prepares salary analysis for individual or job class equality adjustment requests then makes recommendations, in collaboration with the human resources director and respective senior administrator.
- Consults with compensation department to resolve issues related to market analysis for competitive wages, job design or employee retention.
- Conducts investigations on all employee related issues regarding employee grievances, disciplinary actions at the suspension or termination stage and repairs findings for human resources director and legal counsel.
- Coordinates and participates recruitment, job fairs and other candidate outreach activities to meet ongoing staffing needs.
- Actively participates in the nurserecruitment and Retention Committee. Maintains records on recruitment activities.
- Conducts new hire general orientations well as leads the exit interview process.
- Performs job analysis and/or audits when requested by human resources manager, e.g., metrics.
- Tracks and monitors trends and shares findings with Retention and Recruitment Committee.
- Assists Director with handling problem resolutions, EEOC, Right of Review or any other legal matters.
- Assists management with assessment of performance deficiencies and development of plans to address; develops a strong presence and good interpersonal relationships with all levels of employees.
- Monitors recovery of sign-on bonus and referral bonus monies received and the recovery of monies paid out for special nurse training programs on employees who fail to honor Agreement guidelines.
- Initiates contact with employee in writing (initial collection letter) and follows up with legal counsel when 'demand' letter needs to be sent.
- Gathers documentation and collaborates with CHAMPS reps in response to unemployment benefit claims.
- Coaches management and serves as a witness in preparation of scheduled unemployment hearings.
- Collects data for RN bedside vacancy rates and RN FTE count by nursing unit for Talent Management, Staffing and Recruitment's monthly distributionreport.
- Rotates staffing of the human resources satellite office and increases visibility of human resources department by routine rounding throughout Clinic and Hospital work units.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degreerequired.
- Will accept equivalency of seven years of progressive HR experience in a Healthcare setting preferred.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance outlined in the Organizational-Wide Competencies listed below as applied to the position:
- World Class Service Orientation: Includes attitude, behavior, interpersonal skill, and problem solving that enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a positive manner.
- Adaptability: Includes teamwork and flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities including adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness: Includes quantity and quality of desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform successfully.
- Essential Job Requirements: Includes adherence to all relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work environment, including maintenance of required competencies and communication skills. Work involves considerable employee and public contact.
- Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable): Includes overall accountability for assigned work group relative to operational goals, personnel requirements, and budgetary constraints.
- Demonstrated knowledge in employee relations, compensation, recruitment, benefits and performance management.
- Able to interpret and administer FMLA, FLSA, ADA, EEOC and HIPAA guidelines.
- Has the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, able to interact with all levels of management and caregivers, able to work independently, and possesses skills necessary to present or facilitate group activities.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft, Excel, online applicant tracking systems, HRIS systems.
- Ability to work on a variety of projects with shifting priorities.
- Seven years as a senior HR professional, preferably in a Healthcare facility.
- This position requires prolonged periods of sitting with a light amount of physical work which may include lifting and carrying items of up to 25 pounds.
- There is frequent walking, sitting, standing, pushing, pulling, bending and stooping.
- Able to communicate via use of telephone.
- Working Conditions: The occupant of this position usually works in a clean, pleasant, and comfortable air-conditioned office.
- Requires minimal travel distance between annex and hospital campus routinely; at times may be exposed to inclement weather.
- The potential for exposure to blood-borne pathogens, body fluids or potentially infectious material is minimal to none.