ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery®, Otis Spunkmeyer®, and Oakrun Farm Bakery®. We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
Under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Manager, the HR Generalist provides Human Resources services that include initiatives to recruit and retain talent, create a training and development environment and promote a culture of employee engagement. Specific areas of direct responsibilities include employee relations, benefits and payroll administration, attendance and leaves of absence policy administration, compensation/salary administration, organization and development, performance management, training, EEO/AA compliance, diversity, relocation, record keeping and special projects. Responsible for the confidentiality of sensitive personnel data, accurately interpret laws and regulations and consistently apply practices and procedures set forth by ARYZTA LLC.
- Assist with managing all core HR processes and tools including labor requirements, training needs, and strategies to reduce employee turnover and improve the employee experience; and supporting ongoing business needs for the HR team.
- Providing advice and counsel to managers and employees on employee relations matters; supporting management and with the disciplinary process and all terminations to eliminate potential liability and enhance processes.
- Facilitate development and monitoring of employee performance improvement plans.
- Ensuring the people-perspective is represented in business decisions so implications are understood and the workforce is proactively managed; assessing the impact of business decisions on workforce and provides solutions to optimize opportunities and mitigate any downsides.
- Investigating and resolving employee relations issues; including the investigation of harassment, discrimination and other charges; managing discipline and discharge functions, and assuming responsibility for the uniform and equitable application of policies across the complex
- Respond to inquiries regarding personnel issues and insurance benefits.
- Ensure all local payroll activities which include but is not limited to final payroll signoff and running timecard reports for missed punches and coordinate with Corporate payroll on issue resolutions, exceptions and special circumstances.
- Assist and/or direct employees for assistance with their benefits needs.
- Maintain working knowledge of benefits, including: health and welfare, pension; holiday and PTO pay; and salary continuation plans.
- Perform open enrollment functions as required by Corporate Human Resources.
- Maintain a working knowledge of outside benefits; unemployment insurance and SDI.
- Process payroll status change forms such as leaves of absence, terminations, and resignations utilizing Success Factors
- Comply with COBRA, FMLA, CFRA, ADA and the Pregnancy leave acts.
- Answer questions regarding verifications of employment and reference checks.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing; establish and maintain relationship with staff, management and employees.
- Attends seminars and briefing for upcoming changes in Labor laws, Wage and Hour, and Worker’s Compensation, etc.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required by the Human Resources Manager and Corporate HR.
- Bachelor’s degree Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations, Psychology, or Business Administration or a related field preferred (or advanced certificates in Human Resources management).
- 5 years progressive work experience in Human Resources with a solid track record for delivering results.
- Demonstrated success and results serving business clients and experience in developing and implementing change initiatives.
- Strong consulting skills with a track record of quickly gaining credibility and partnering collaboratively with business leaders.
- Currently employed in a position that requires broad, up-to-date knowledge of employment laws and practices. Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Excellent leadership, presentation, communications and conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of Payroll and Benefits regulations and administrative requirements