Job Description Summary
QVC is the world's leading video and eCommerce retailer with unmatched history, growth and success. As an $8.8 billion business that reaches approximately 340 million homes worldwide. Our Ontario Distribution Center is searching for a talented HR Engagement Manager whom will continue to build and foster a strong employee focused culture.
Reporting to the Sr. Engagement Mgr., the purpose of the HR Engagement Manager is to champion the employee experience and culture at QVC. This role will oversee and effectively lead efforts to ensure that the employee experience is maximized at all stages and touch points of the employee lifecycle. In this role you will lead a local “Face of HR” service, and support a team of Engagement Partners interfacing between the business and relevant HR COE’s, in the smooth running and delivery of day to day HR activity. You will also be responsible to ensure that local business needs and insights are effectively translated and effectively inform HR COE (Center of Excellence) deliverables. The Engagement Manager will workin collaboration with HR COEs and HR Solutions Delivery Leads and support the effective customization and delivery of HR solutions
Job Description Details
Local HR / Business Relationship Management
- In collaboration with HR COE teams and market HRBP, represent a holistic, joined up HR function to the local market business areas.
- Oversee and guide the provisions of a “Face of HR” service to the business, educating on and signposting to relevant COE contacts, escalating and delegating to relevant teams as necessary.
- Manage the understanding and articulation of local business area perspectives, and provide local market insights and perspectives to Function or Market HRBP/HR COEs, to ensure local matters are appropriately addressed and considered in strategy and priority formulation.
- Supervise the Engagement Partners, ensure initial diagnostic level advice and guidance to business leaders, engaging HR COE teams as necessary.
- Ensure the attendance of regular senior manager meetings and Manager 121’s, to provide coaching and guidance to Managers, and to support in the effective prioritization and delivery of an engaging employee experience.
- Utilize relevant information / COE metrics / indicators, to gain insight on local business area people issues, in order to provide leadership teams / Function and Market HRBPs with the appropriate clarity for people related initiatives and priorities.
- Lead and drive content and agenda’s for local market site employee forums/employee representation bodies, providing timely response to HR related queries and engaging with COEs as necessary.
- Direct HR support of site/market employee Business Improvement Groups/QPAction Planning Groups as necessary, to bring HR expertise to conversations, and to understand issues for escalation to COE’s.
Employee Experience Advocate
- Act as senior local level champion of the “employee experience”, providing insights, feedback, perspective and recommendations to HR COEs and other business areas (IT, CREWS etc.) on the entire employee experience.
- As part of role as the key ambassador for QVC culture, keep the QVC Difference alive and highly prominent in market through ensuring use of visuals/imagery etc., but also in use of the principles and philosophies in day to day business execution. Ensure effective rollout and senior leadership support of QVC Difference programs, facilitation etc.
- Drive QVC’s employee survey and outputs for site/market. In partnership with business managers, (and COEs as necessary), oversee demonstrable and measurable interventions to increase/maintain employee engagement scores.
- Oversee the delivery of employee survey and outputs - locally appropriate communications, rollout plans, and follow-up activities for employee centric initiatives and solutions.
- Execute Pre-boarding activities Onboarding activities, Retention activities, Safety advocacy & Off boarding activities for all employees
- Lead Local Health and Well Being initiatives and activities.
- Oversee the local execution and delivery of mobility related experiences, from business travel to long/short-term assignments.
Solutions and Service Delivery
- Oversee the delivery of HR solutions, supporting HR COEs and functional HRBPs as necessary on the localization and execution of key deliverable
- Talent Acquisition: Support business managers with internal team movement/placement processes by providing insights on team member capabilities and career paths; support execution of large scale hiring efforts; Partner with TA COE to ensure delivery of recruiting strategy.
- Organizational Effectiveness: Communicate org effectiveness processes; support business change communications; facilitate Performance & Development review process through communications, audits reviews for consistency
- Compensation & Benefits: Facilitate merit increase and bonus process; supports internal compensation offers outside of guidelines
- Employee Relations: Use exposure to the business and HR experience to provide initial response to potential issues, then escalating to ERO once an issue has been identified.
- Responsible for providing oversight for the smooth running of day to day HR services and transactions, providing feedback to relevant HR COEs / HR Services as appropriate.
- Provides leadership, direction and ongoing development to the team of Employee Engagement partners. Responsible for performance management.
- Effectively manage site/market Engagement budgets.
- Provide input for determination of HR COE budgets from a local market perspective.
- Bachelor’s Degree a related field, and relevant professional qualifications (e.g. CIPD).
- 8+ years of experience in a Human Resources including 3-5 years of leadership experience and managing a team required.
- Experience with significant involvement in dealing with employee relations, leadership coaching, talent acquisition, reward - operating at a level of guiding / influencing Leaders up to and including director level
- Experience supporting a full scope of business areas, with a broad and in-depth and detailed knowledge and understanding
- Expert Level knowledge of California employment laws and labor law regulations required
- Proven ability to present changes in HR policy and practice to Leaders and employee groups
- An excellent working knowledge and ability in MS Office computer packages, particularly Excel (spreadsheets); and an HRIS database (ideally Empower)
- Strong administrative experience & organizational skills are essential, preferably within an HR environment
- Highly technically savvy – able to best utilize appropriate systems, reporting tools, IT services.
- Proven and well developed communication skills at all levels of the business
- High developed verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Experience of process improvement and making recommendations for improvement is essential
- Business acumen – able to build and develop broad, yet detailed, understanding in relation to functional groups.
- Full lifecycle experience managing a range of HR professionals, and in brokering between parties (i.e. business and HR)
- Solid experience of budget management
HR Engagement Manager - Ontario Distribution Center