This role will provide day-to-day employee and labor relations support (coaching, counseling, and advising) remotely to managers and employees in the field on a multitude of workplace issues. This role will also be heavily involved in the development of classification and cataloging employee in labor relations matters for the purpose of standardizing operating procedures and guidelines, in order to more efficiently and effectively manage workplace issues moving forward.
- Provides advice and counsel to managers and employees in the resolution of employee-related questions, problems, and/or related Performance Improvement Plan activity while maintaining confidentiality and integrity.
- Facilitates resolution of employee issues and concerns in conjunction with HR Managers; conducts investigations & coordinates arbitrations & litigations with Legal and Labor Relations.
- Works collaboratively to ensure consistent application and interpretation of Labor Relations, Employee Relations, policies, contracts, and strategies
- Assists in internal audits of employee relations issues and makes recommendations to resolve issues in accordance with Company policies, practices, procedures and CBAs.
- Provides and consistently documents corporate-wide decisions in keeping with best practices and to minimize risk and litigation in employee relations situations.
- Participates in the investigation of complaints by root cause analysis of workplace issues in aggregate, provides reports and recommendations to the business.
- Classifies and catalogs common issues and develops decision trees, standard processes and procedures for addressing going forward
- Conducts HR training and/or assists in the implementation of human resources initiatives or projects.
- Reviews and processes changes to employee records and monitors documentation related to employee performance.
- Partners in providing necessary supporting documentation and feedback for applicable EEOC complaints, unemployment claims, Worker's Compensation, complex leave of absence cases, and/or exit interviews.
- Performing all assigned duties in compliance with internal policies and external regulations and laws, bringing all compliance issues to the attention of management.
- Utilizing data-driven metrics to make recommendations to improve organizational and business effectiveness.
- Collaborating with HR Managers on the development and review of supporting documentation for all involuntary separations.
- Assists with other HR special projects or assignments as needed
- Relevant Bachelor?s degree (e.g., business administration/Human Resources) or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience
- Must have excellent management, organizational, leadership, and training skills
- Strong communication, analytical and human relations skills
- Ability to coordinate, control and organize multiple functions and activities
- Must have strong presentation skills, and ability to convey ideas and issues clearly and unambiguously
- 8+ years of progressive responsibilities in Human Resources
- Ability to travel (less than 30% per year)
- Must be comfortable multi-tasking and adjusting to competing priorities
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus
Available Shift: Full Time
Job Type: Full-time
- Labor Relations: 10 years
- Union: 7years
- Human Resources: 10 years
Job Type: Full-time
- Labor Relations: 7years (Required)
- Union: 7years (Required)
- Human Resources: 10 years (Required)
- Sacramento, CA (Required)