Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and administer various human resources/ safety plans and procedures for Enersys/ Sumter personnel. Assist with coordination of onsite safety program and safety team.
- Plan, organize and control all activities of the human resources/ EHS department. Work with EOS team to develop and maintain department KPI’s.
- Develop and maintain Affirmative Action – Action Oriented Programs, as well as develop plan to obtain any goals set forth by Affirmative Action Plan. Maintain all human resources records to meet all compliance guidelines. Lead and support all EOS efforts.
- Plan and assist with recruitment for all exempt/ non-exempt and temporary personnel. Assist with new employee orientation; monitor employee relation counseling/ discipline, exit interviewing and employment advertising.
- Implement and update annually company compensation program; maintain and update job descriptions as necessary; conduct annual wage surveys and update as necessary.
- Develop and maintain confidential employee files, information, records, and reports. Ensure that policies concerning confidentially are followed.
- Propose, develop, and maintain company policies/ procedures; maintain information on distribution of policies and procedures to employees.
- Complete annual open benefit enrollment with all location employees. Arrange for distribution of materials regarding benefits from providers and assist with communication of benefit changes. Process annual change paperwork.
- Prepare/manage budget for human resources.
- Prepare/ administer employee separation notices and related documentation; conduct exit interviews to determine reasons for separation/ turnover.
- Represent company in related unemployment/ worker’s compensation hearings and investigations.
- Oversee workers compensation program for facility.
- Ensure all SCDHEC, DOT, EPA and city permits requirements are met.
- Complete required Tier II and EPA checklist and annual reports.
- Ensure all health and safety requirements are met including but not limited to forklifts, audio testing, OSHA training and refresher, air sampling and respirator training, AED / CPR, etc.
- Coordinate risk management program. Investigate all injuries/ incidents/ accidents; prepare reports for insurance carrier and other reporting agencies.
- Maintain onsite safety committee meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree with five (5) years Human Resources work experience: or master’s degree in Human Resources with three (3) years Human Resources work experience; or, Ten years experience in Human Resources Management
- Ability to read analyze and interpret polices compliance guidelines, financial reports, and other legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from employees, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Must be able to write and deliver speeches, write articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format set by the company. Ability to present information to the management team, public groups, and/or board of directors.
- Ability to solve problems, provide guidance and resolution to various operational situations and employee relations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions supplied in both written and verbal format.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must be able to compute rate, ratio, and percent; with the ability to develop and interpret graphs used for presentations or reports.
- Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Success Factors HRIS System, and KRONOS (Time and Attendance software).
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM- SCP Preferred.
- Environmental, Health and Safety knowledge.
COMPETENCIES: Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills, competent computer skills in use of word, excel, PowerPoint and HRIS systems, with ability to create spreadsheets for analysis and tracking of various information. Negotiation skills a must and especially for conflict resolution. Demonstrated management and organizational skills.