Directs Human Resources strategy and support for a complex organizational client base spanning multiple functions and locations. Establishes the strategic priorities and direction of the HR function based on business needs, internal customer needs and external trends / developments affecting human resource policy and practice. Responsible for department budgeting and determines HR organizational structure, staffing and resource allocation. Drives organizational change and improvements to assure HR architecture, systems, policies and practices are continuously aligned with strategic business objectives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs Human Resources management activity across client organization(s). Determines staff assignments, sets priorities and strategic direction, develops HR staff to assure current and future commitments are met.
- Monitors the effectiveness of HR processes. Develops measures and assessment methods to drive continuous improvement and assure effectiveness, consistency and fairness.
- Partners with key internal customers to develop capable HR systems and processes to support organizational needs and plans.
- Counsels and advises management on policy and practice issues. Reviews and approves management decisions affecting employment.
- Develops and manages department budget.
- Works with other senior managers and executives to plan and execute HR requirements and initiatives.
Expected Areas of Competence
- Collaborates effectively across the organization; leverages resources from other parts of the organization to build commitment and achieve results. Partners with other leaders and functions to achieve optimal results for the Company as a whole.
- Objective; respects others points of view and opinions. Leverages diverse perspectives and experiences to solve problems and develop new approaches.
- Organized; able to handle complexity and multiple priorities. Manages time effectively and focuses on high priority opportunities. Takes measured risks and takes appropriate action in the face of uncertainty.
- Excellent communications and influencing skills.
- Maintains a high level of credibility.
- Proficiency in U.S. employment and labor laws, as well as systems and methods relating to staffing, performance management, training & development, career planning and succession planning.
- Strong working knowledge of HR information systems, strategic planning process, statistical analysis / problem solving methods, and practices and trends influencing human resources management.
- Demonstrated experience successfully working through integration activities - both strategic and tactical.
- Demonstrated experience working with large, complex Sales organizations - preferred
- Demonstrated experience partnering, collaborating and influencing key stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration plus 10 plus years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Masters degree in Human Resource Management, Labor Relations, Organization Development or related field preferred.