Are you a forward-thinking, strategic, and highly-engaged HR leader who is looking to join a leading healthcare organization whose mission is to create a healthier and safer world? Have you had success with moving the needle with your business leaders which in turn helped your organization excel?
Located in Birmingham, Alabama, you will partner directly with the VP/GM and their leadership team to drive strategic direction and alignment of human capital initiatives for a 1400+ business group which is part of a division with a global footprint. This is not your typical HR role, you will drive business growth and make an immediate impact through your expertise in continuous performance management, employee engagement, leadership development and business strategy, all while acting as a steward of STERIS’ culture.
What You Will Do
- Partner and act as a thought leader with the VP, GM and senior leaders to drive the business strategic talent, attraction and retention, employee relations and compensation processes, ensuring they are executed to plan and are financially and operationally effective. Provide coaching to executive leadership, offering feedback and advice on issues in a proactive manner.
- Is a catalyst for change, championing and influencing leadership in both business and HR-based processes (Continuous Performance Management, Leadership Development, and Employee Engagement, and business strategies etc).
- Demonstrate expertise and consults with business and/or functional leaders in areas such as organizational assessment, succession planning, organizational structure, workforce planning, and change management in order to strengthen overall organizational capability.
- Consult with business partners and other HRD’s to deliver data-driven insights and recommendations to support critical business outcomes
- Lead/support the human resources process for acquisition/business integration including associated due diligence, communications, change management and HRIS support.
- Plan, develop, implement, and administer HR processes and programs that increase the productivity, competence, and effectiveness of assigned client groups.
- Ensure alignment of HR processes i.e. talent reviews, performance management, compensation, business reviews, etc. with strategic and operating goals.
- Lead the Talent Assessment (succession and individual development planning)process and tactics to build leader competencies including driving the execution of action plans and building future bench strength.
- Work with the Talent Management and business leaders to align development strategies to meet employee needs to the employees and the business driving career and leadership development.
- Drive employee engagement and satisfaction through promotion of a positive company culture while balancing employee concerns with all levels of company goals. Interpret employee engagement data for assigned client groups. Partner with client groups to enable them to drive their own action plans related to improving employee engagement.
- Provide leadership and counsel regarding diversity and inclusion in collaboration within the business.
- Partner with recruiting team to drive continuous improvement in recruiting processes, positive candidate-new hire experience and enhancing manager hiring competencies. Assist in the hiring of new employees by performing various recruiting activities in partnership with the talent acquisition team, including staffing coordination and job requisition management.
- Counsel and/or coach employees and managers regarding employee relations issues including performance management, facilitation of formal/informal complaints to resolution, discipline and/or terminations in line with local culture and the business and legal environment.
What You Need to be Successful
- Bachelor's degree in either Human Resources or a business related field required; an MBA or Masters in Labor Relations preferred.
- 15+ years of progressive Human Resources generalist experience from a large multi-national company. Global experience is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate successfully in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, and dynamic organization along with significant influence/negotiation/coaching skills with senior-level executives.
- Knowledge and practical application of HR disciplines including employment and labor laws, employee relations, management and leadership development, performance management, organizational design, recruitment and compensation philosophies.
- A track record of positive results and an ability to show how his/her programs and policies have contributed to the growth and bottom line profitability of an organization while enhancing or driving cultural change.
- Strong business acumen and proven ability to successfully translate business strategies into organizational and HR strategies and actions.
- Experience with process improvement approaches (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Experience working across a complex virtual organizational matrix