The Human Resources Director will contribute to the planning and execution of a comprehensive human resources strategy across the RSM’s Boston office. Reporting to the Regional HR Leader, this individual will be responsible for executing on high-quality, impactful talent experience solutions in alignment with local, regional and national HR initiatives. The Human Resources Director will work closely with the Office Managing Partner and other local/regional leadership and will serve on local leadership teams and represent the office and region internally and externally. The Human Resources Director will support the Line of Business (LOB) leaders and office leadership in a variety of talent management, employee engagement, employee relations, employee retention and total reward initiatives.
• Project Management – Responsibilities for core HR processes including performance management, talent management, talent acquisition, learning and professional development, and employee/partner engagement.
o Overall accountability of project execution, including scope, budget and timeline. Priorities work and sets deadlines for others. Reviews analysis and synthesizes project based on perceptions and insight on impact across the firm and region. Presents project results to leadership.
o Leads continuous improvement of projects/processes
o Independently coaches leaders for positions up to and including partner/principal. Creates career plans for growth, industry experience, leadership opportunities, etc.
o Partners with LOB Leaders to develop workforce plans.
o Partners with local and national LOB leaders to identify and develop talent management strategies. Identify gaps that inform other key functional areas such as compensation, recruitment and plans to support business initiatives ensuring alignment to national strategy
• Employee Relations/Compliance
o Manages partner/principal performance and interpersonal issues and coaching.
o Identifies and addresses complex risk and liability implications, and refers complex legal issues to legal.
o Oversees complex investigations.
o Conducts employee terminations with alignment from Regional HR Leader, Business Leader and/or National Employee Relations
• Performance Management/Salary Administration
o Directs talent review meetings including final bell curve calibration, director/partner promotions, and succession planning.
o Educates and advises regional leadership on compensation objectives, market data and positioning, bonus program and applicable regulations in alignment with firm strategy.
o Ownership of year-end compensation processes for Boston office plus regional line of businesses support
• Local Training Delivery
o Collaborates with national training on various initiatives in alignment with firm strategy and objectives
• Talent Acquisition
o Collaborate with Talent Acquisition team and leadership for experienced and campus recruiting initiatives
• Mentoring/Career Advisor Responsibilities
o Serves as a career advisor and provides effective leadership to employees and/or teams through: communicating performance expectations & providing feedback on performance, recognition, coaching, creating career growth opportunities and employee development plans.
o May informally mentor other HR team members
• Culture and Diversity (CDI)
o Work closely with the Office Managing Partner and local/national CDI leadership to drive efforts around diversity
• Other projects and initiatives as needed to support the morale, culture and reputation of the Boston office
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field required
• 8 – 10 years of progressive HR leadership experience
• Strong business acumen; strong understand of industry and partnership model
• Ability to set a high personal standard for driving quality in all areas of HR
• Ability to identify complex patterns of risk & liability, challenge and resolve issues, make recommendations, and understand when to escalate complex issues
• Working knowledge of federal, state, local regulations/laws and firm policies
• Strong analytical skills (comfort with modeling/advanced spreadsheet/database work)
• Ability to supervise, direct and review results of projects or assignments
• Ability to attract, lead, motivate, and retain a team
• Ability to manage, direct and review the results of projects or assignments
• Ability to impact and influence a diverse population
• Ability to diffuse hostile situations and manage conflict appropriately
• Ability to drive collaboration and communication within and between teams, locations, and lines of business
• Ability to respond positively to changing circumstances, seeks and implements change to drive business improvement; serves as change agent
• Ability to operate with a sense of urgency and a strong attention to detail
• Effective organizational and time management skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
• Ability to operate consistently in a manner that supports the "One Firm" culture and values
• Strong communication skills; written, verbal and interpersonal
• Prior professional services experience preferred
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills