Are you looking for an opportunity to lead the business and HR strategy through a US HR Operations organization, to make a positive difference in the GSK employee experience and inspire others to do the same? If so, this HR Director position could be the role for you.
As a HR Director, Pharma R&D US, you will lead the talent, governance and development agenda for the HR services we provide while also being a member of the HR Leadership team. We aren't just hiring for the vacancies we have today but are looking for people who can build a long-term career in more senior roles in GSK across the globe.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Understand the business strategic objectives and needs to lead the HR Operations strategy and execution
- Operate as an Account Director working with HR Business Partners and Senior Leaders to manage the demand, allocate resources, and effective delivery of HR activity
- Develop a high performing culture aligned with the organization values and expectations
- Lead and develop a team of HR Professionals across multiple US sites
- Partner with stakeholders in a matrixed environment and work across the HR organization to support the deployment of HR initiatives
- Lead governance activities to ensure the HR Service Delivery effectively meets business requirements, customer experience targets and KPIs
- Develop the HR capability, talent and succession within the HR Operations organization
- Define or oversee the development and implementation of local, regional and global HR policies and processes, driving process standardization, simplification and improvement and ensure appropriate controls are in place and monitored
- Ensure effective risk management and governance of HR activities
- Focus on Inclusion and diversity and the industrial and employment relations landscape to support our GSK values
- Leverage HR Systems (Workday) and internal and external insights to drive people analytics, standardization and efficiencies
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in a multinational organization
- HR change program project leadership experience including delivering large scale transformational, complex, global, cultural, and organizational change projects
- Experience using data analytics to drive business insights
- Experience in continuous improvement and process excellence
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Advanced degree
- Ability to communicate an inspiring vision and strategy
- Experience leading a team
- Experience leading and coaching others to deliver complex global, regional and US transformational change, building capability and reducing complexity and cost
- Ability to work across a matrixed environment
- International experience
- Strong commercial acumen
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.