OZY Media is entering its next phase of growth and is looking to expand the size of the OZY tribe across a multitude of departments. As we scale, the health of our team is a top priority and we are looking for an HR Director with the ability to drive transformation and performance through OZY’s most valuable asset – our team.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE DOING:
- People Operations:
- Develop a world-class onboarding experience for new employees to welcome them to OZY, introduce them to our culture, and enable them to be set up for success.
- Work closely with senior management to build and implement HR solutions (e.g., people operations, benefits, compensation, mentorship, perks, performance reviews, etc.) across the company.
- Nurture the health of the OZY team to ensure the development, improvement and implementation of HR processes to oversee employee growth, performance, happiness and overall satisfaction.
- Develop employee talent and training programs to ensure the continued development and advancement of OZY’s employees.
- Lead the process to identify high-potential talent and fill critical positions across the company.
- Work with senior management to identify short-term and long-term target hires and actively track high-potential talent that would be a fit for OZY.
- Partner with critical business leaders to ensure that processes and solid succession plans are in place for all critical roles.
- Employee Relations & Culture:
- Assess the health of the culture at OZY and develop action plans to build and nurture a positive, engaging and driven workforce.
- Conduct investigations around HR violations and sensitivities and report insights to senior management.
- Diversity, equity and inclusion is in our DNA – ensure that they are always integrated in everything that OZY does and stands for.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 7+ years of experience in HR/talent and 2+ years of experience in working in an HR leadership role.
- Previous experience at a high-growth startup, with a successful track record in building, implementing and sustaining key talent management initiatives.
- Proven success in building a global, high-performing team.
- Ability to navigate complex situations and strategically lead change through companywide initiatives.
- Excellent critical thinking, emotional intelligence, communication and problem-solving abilities.
- Must be well-organized, hands-on, incredibly proactive, positive, creative, scrappy, and most importantly, collaborative. We win as a team.
- Be based in Silicon Valley (or willing to relocate immediately). This person will be a critical part of our Mountain View-based team, working directly with the CEO and management team.