The HR Director directs human resources efforts to ensure performance and organizational excellence, adherence with all regulatory, compliance and legal human resources issues, and promote an environment of respect for all employees, patients and visitors. Work closely with the hospital Chief Executive Officer and management team to develop and implement effective human resource strategies and programs, including organizational development, training, performance management and compensation. Leads recruitment, benefit administration, employee relations, employment counseling, and other related human resources functions.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in related field required.
- Minimum five (5) years of previous human resources experience at a manager level required.
- Current, valid, and active driver's license required.
- Previous experience working for a hospital or healthcare company preferred.
- Knowledge of The Joint Commission, CARF, state and federal regulations relating to human resources preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Significant understanding of human resource laws, concepts, and applications associated with human resources.
- Experience in employee relations and conflict resolution.
- Refined negotiation, mediation, program design and implementation skills.
- Ability to lead diverse teams to a common purpose and proactively seek new ideas and solutions to organizational challenges.
- Exemplary customer service skills, communication skills, and interpersonal skills are absolutely imperative.
- Demonstrated positive personal influences on teams and customers including the willingness to accept change proactively.
- Must be responsive to needs of organization and possess ability to balance the needs of multiple priorities.
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Strong organizational, prioritizing and analytical skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Working knowledge of computer and software applications used in job functions.
- Freedom from illegal use of and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.