Very successful, well established service provider corporation with 800 employees in Los Angeles seeks a bilingual Manager with experience in dealing and negotiating with unions.
The Bi-Lingual HR Manager provides guidance and support to the organization in all functional areas of responsibility to include, but not limited to, talent management, employee relations, performance evaluations, benefits, training, and accurate record keeping.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Lead and delegate to a staff of 5-10 human resource employees. Must have a mature personality and be able to command the respect of his/her peers. 5 + years of experience dealing directly with Unions. Be able to understand, translate, and implement collective bargaining agreement details to a Payroll staff person. Experience with mediation and arbitration engagements.
Must possess high fluency in English and Spanish (written and conversational).
- Responsible for all HR duties such as effectively assisting management and staff with entering new hires and employee change data in ADP, answering routine questions, accurate record keeping, filing, and similar duties.
- Conduct Benefits Orientation inclusive of health insurance and administration of 401 (k) retirement plans.
- Responsible for actively participating in employee morale and safety programs.
- Ensures all HR procedures and processes are followed for compliance and efficiency (information and appropriate signatures on Personnel Status Forms, Leaves of Absences, Corrective Action Notices, etc.)
- Coordinate communication between Supervisors/Managers and health providers for all work related injuries.
- Responsible for accurate tracking and quarterly reporting of all injuries to management and in preparation of Loss Claims Reviews.
- The HR Manager may be requested to review weekly payroll for accuracy, inclusive of correct timekeeping, meal breaks, vacations, sick pay, LOAs, etc.
- Establishes and maintains all employee personnel records, inclusive of I-9 forms, medical files, workman's compensation files, and termination files.
- Performs periodic reviews of HR systems and file preservation procedures.
- Reviews, properly completes, and represents the Company in all unemployment requests and hearings.
- Partners with all operational departments of the Company to ensure compliance, maximum efficiencies, and HR best practices and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Must have extensive knowledge of Federal and California employment laws and regulations.
- Ability to understand the flow of Human Resources transactions and processes.
- Must have excellent problem solving/judgement skills with high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must have strong organizational skills and a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Must have a strong sense of urgency to respond to and address all HR-related inquiries timely and professionally from both internal and external customers.
- Must be able to effectively draft and prepare professionally written correspondence, e-mails, facsimiles, and memorandums.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to all employees, management, service providers
- Must possess a proven ability to multi-task.
- Must have customer service focus with ability to actively listen and understand all internal customers.
- Is comfortable with change.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to behave professionally at all times while exercising very high levels of confidentiality, confidence and discretion.
Education: B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited university in Human Resource Management or other business-related field.
Experience: Minimum 5 years HR support in small to medium-sized company, services or related industry.
Above average proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and payroll software.