Job Description Summary
The HR Director, Central Region is a key member of the Americas HR Leadership Team and the Central Region Leadership team, reporting to the Head of HR Business Partnering, Americas. The successful candidate will be a strategic partner to business leaders and will drive business results through people related strategies. The HR Director will execute the Americas HR priorities in regional markets. As we evolve our service delivery model, this role will also be responsible for supporting business leaders in one or more business units across North America in addition to the regional priorities.
- Provides high level, strategic HR business partnership to the Regional President and local business leaders
- Provides leadership and oversight to local and service line HR business partners to implement and continuously improve programs that result in increased organizational effectiveness and leadership engagement.
- Facilitates effective people management programs and practices, ensures that people managers are fully supported and empowered to succeed , navigating a matrix organization.
- Analyzes situations and issues, recognizes strategic implications, and applies both specialized expertise and a broader HR knowledge framework to define problems, priorities and desired outcomes
- Provides strategic consultation regarding integrating value-added HR initiatives with business objectives.
- Oversees the development and implementation of change management and communication strategies to facilitate employee engagement and ensure transparency of information to employees
- Partners with HR Services team and Centers of Expertise (i.e. talent acquisition, learning and development, compensation, benefits) resources to deliver a seamless employee and manager experience in assigned geographies and business units.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local legislation relating to compensation, benefits, employment practices, and similar aspects of human resource management
- Participates in organization-wide continuous improvement initiatives
- Acts as a change agent and promotes innovation and continuous improvement
- Leads and directly manages 4-5 direct reports
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Skill in examining organizational structures, operations and procedures and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Ability to make decisions and operate independently with respect to complex issues and business requirements with a high degree of exposure
- Knowledge of quality and continuous improvement principles
- Effective conflict resolution and organizational acumen, modeling leadership and management skills both within HR and in the business
- Ability to quickly understand business objectives including basic principles in finance.
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment and succeed in ambiguity
- Competence in managing multiple projects simultaneously with a strong results/goal orientation
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals partnering with business leaders
- Ability to make strategic and tactical decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 10+ years relevant HR experience. MBA or equivalent Masters Degree preferred Strong proficiency with Microsoft products especially Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint),
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations
- Knowledge of human resources processes, procedures, and practices, as applicable to a professional services organization
- PHR or SPHR certification is a plus
- Knowledge of Workday is a plus
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.