As the, HR Compliance Business Advisor you will have high visibility and responsibility where your keen problem-solving skills, research ability, effective communication, attention to detail, agility and initiative will be greatly valued with your efforts having a direct impact on member satisfaction and retention!
Ideal Candidate Traits
- Versatile HR Pro– Your exceptional written and verbal communication skills, extensive knowledge of HR and employment issues, and desire for variety in your work will make this the perfect role for you.
- Passionate Researcher – Efficiently and effectively monitor, research various sources, and interpret proposed and current federal and state (WI, MN, IL, and IA) statutes/regulations/court decisions related to HR and employment issues to advise members and MRA staff about the impact to their business.
- Collaborative Professionalism – Our team environment allows you the opportunity to collaborate with a variety of talented professionals with different industry experiences. Our differences balance out our team and provide constant opportunities to sharpen skills and see alternate perspectives.
As an HR Compliance Business Advisor you will:
- Manage inquiries from over 3000 member companies; review interpretations of relevant federal and state regulations and court decisions from various sources to provide communications, training, and advice for MRA members and employees.
- Provide practical analysis in written form on relevant legislative changes to assist MRA members in understanding the implications of the rule/legislation. Decide the best method of communication to members and MRA staff.
- Communicate with members via phone and email to provide timely, professional, and accurate information. Advise member companies in all aspects of HR. Record all member interactions via the HR Hotline in Salesforce. Update information to help improve data integrity.
- You will also be assisting members on the HR Hotline with questions surrounding HR compliance, benefits, training needs, compensation plans, performance management, employee relations and many other HR activities.
- Determine, develop, write, and review content for MRA’s website, publications, and training materials with relevancy, clarity, and accuracy of the issues a top priority.
In your first year, your role will include the following:
- Training on MRA tools and technology (you have cutting edge tools to do your job effectively).
- Distinctive MRA training to deliver consistent project outcomes for our member projects.
- Opportunity to meet with members onsite, at conferences, through video conference and help them identify best practices.
- Help members explore root cause challenges and solutions to be more successful in today’s complex economy.
- Get to know your team to learn their unique qualities, talents, and expertise.
- Related four-year degree, J.D. a plus, but not required
- Preferably 15 years of progressive, broad HR experience in different industries
- Knowledge of HR compliance and employment law and judicial process gained through education, or education and work experience
- Research agility
- Ability to translate case law, DOL rules/laws, city/state ordinances to practical business and HR application
- Ability to work independently
- Superior written communication skills (examples of written works may be requested).
- Ability to speak confidently, engagingly, succinctly, and accurately to members, MRA employees, and the media
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Proficient in MS Office software
- Experience with a CRM, Salesforce experience is a plus