he Human Resources Business Partnership Director will be responsible for aligning business objectives with employee and management in designated business units / functional areas / facilities. The Director will be assigned to business unit(s) to ensure the effective deployment of HR strategies, processes, policies, systems and metrics that contribute to the overall success of the business. They will serve as a consultant to management and will work proactively to recognize issues and develop appropriate measures and tools to enhance business unit performance. This role will be seen as a strategic resource for the business unit they support and takes a more consultative role working in HR as an employee champion and change agent. The Director will also maintain an effective level of business literacy about the business unit’s financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as key, trusted advisor to leadership on business direction, particularly related to people aspects of the business by demonstrating a thorough understanding of business strategies, competitive landscape and current, anticipated and potential future business challenges.
- Collaboratively designs solutions from a holistic HR and process thinking perspective within a relevant business context and communicates in business terms.
- Guides business leaders in identifying, prioritizing and building current and future talent strategies, pipelines, behaviors, structures, and processes, supported by data and analysis.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity, and stimulate employee development and retention.
- Builds and maintains business knowledge for assigned areas of responsibility, including organizational strategy, competitive strengths, industry dynamics, profit levels, customers, and competitors, as well as how the business’s focus fits into the overall Freeman business strategy.
- Guide’s organizational change through application of extensive knowledge related to the business and industry trends, relationship development and partnership skills, key internal Company processes, as well as Human Resources experience.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Designs and maintains organization succession charts as the performance of the business unit improves.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management or related field required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Experienced HR Consultant and Leader, with 7-10 years of demonstrated performance and ability to provide consultation to Senior Leaders in the areas of Succession Planning, Compliance, Talent Management, Change Management, Executive Coaching, Employee and Union Relations and Performance Management.
- HR certification preferred