WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
XO Group Inc. is looking for a HR Business Partner to join our team in the New York office. The ideal candidate will be an extremely organized, detail-obsessed self-starter with a passion for talent and creating an awesome work environment. The right candidate will have experience working across multiple projects, enjoy a fast paced environment and is always calm under pressure. This role will be supporting multiple business groups and be responsible for driving generalist talent initiatives and projects. The Human Resources team at XO Group loves to be challenged, have fun and is always focused on working together to carry the organization through an exciting transformational period full of change.
- Provide HR leadership and coaching to managers and employees at all levels on all aspects of HR
- Work to resolve employee and organizational issues in a proactive and positive manner
- Interpret and implement HR policies, practices and procedures to further the values and strategic vision of the business
- Manage key HR initiatives
- Use data and creativity to implement solutions
- Create and promote a fun, positive, fast-paced, accountable culture
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5-7 years of HR generalist experience
- Strong business acumen, analytical and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Comfortable rolling up your sleeves
- Strong client-supportorientation, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and with a wide range of clients, individually and in groups
- High energy; comfortable handling multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Strong employee-relations skill set; can earn trust and credibility with employees
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.