The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) is the strategic partner to the operating teams and is on the front line of servicing and interacting with Veritiv Corporation business unit team members. The HRBP will perform both hands-on and strategic support in providing human resources expertise in the areas of management, organizational development, employee relations, training and more. The HRBP will partner with leaders within the business to work closely with management and other team members on people-related issues. This role is also instrumental in initiating and driving HR programs/initiatives within the organization, placing considerable focus on retention, scaling and cultural issues.
- Provide day-to-day delivery of HR services and organizational support to internal client groups. Lead all people programs and process rollouts to assigned client groups (Southeast Territory and Supply Chain Function).
- Consult with mangers, team members and other HR support functions to proactively address team member relations issues.
- Educate leadership team and team member population on employment practices, including personnel actions, benefits, salary/compensation guidelines, performance review processes, performance rating process and promotions.
- Facilitate and/or support business unit specific recruitment, on-boarding, employee engagement, labor relations, leaves of absence and termination needs.
- Partner with the management teams to continually evaluate and develop all team members within the organization.
- Partner with management to work on value-added programs in areas of training, development, retention and job performance.
- Provide the client groups and others with various types of team member reports including compensation, attrition and others as needed.
- Other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
- High emotional intelligence (Excellent people skills).
- The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company.
- A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the “pulse” of the team members to ensure a high level of employee engagement.
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment.
- Success in creating and driving effective development, team member relations, retention and reward initiatives.
- Being an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
- Key strengths are recognized as – flexibility, excellent communication skills and significant internal drive and desire to be successful.
- The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to “roll up your sleeves”.
- A strong solutions focus and be comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions.
- Strong internal and external customer service focus.
- The ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously – oriented on results.
- Bias for action, strong work ethic and desire to achieve excellence.
- Must be able to interface at all levels of the organization.
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Penchant for data, analysis, trends, reporting strongly preferred.
- Strong written, verbal communication and facilitation/presentation skills.
- 10+ years of HR Generalist experience with a thorough knowledge and understanding of US employment law
- BS/BA in Human Resources, Business Administration or related discipline
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred