As the HRBP within Community Operations org at Uber, this role will collaborate with Customer Experience leaders (retail and non-retail), influence the organizational strategy and structure, build and develop a talent pipeline across several functions, and create a meaningful team culture. You will think strategically, use data to guide your work and be comfortable challenging business leaders.
What You'll Do
- Consult with managers and provide guidance and coaching when appropriate
- Partner with your clients to roll out all key people processes (performance management, compensation, benefits, development programs, etc).
- Be knowledgeable about our business
- Provide guidance and input on workforce planning, succession planning, compensation, benchmarking, etc
- Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Maintain in depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Minimum 5+ years professional, related experience
- Minimum 5+ years experience as an HRBP with organizations that operate with high velocity and has a high tolerance of ambiguity
- A track record of providing HR consultation to senior leadership on strategic initiatives
- Strong understanding of HR domains including compensation, performance management, and leadership development
- Understanding of various employment laws and their impact on HR matters
- Demonstrated ability to partner within and outside of HR
- Knowledge and experience in technology businesses and familiarity with their global HR practices and policies
- Unquestioned integrity with assertiveness, presence, and confidence
- Excellent influencing skills at all levels in the organization and extreme flexibility to be proactive in a fast paced, ever changing environment. Competence in making timely, effective, principles-based decisions
- Tenacity and ability to build from scratch are imperative
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills; analytical and problem solving abilities
- Bachelor's degree