About the role:
We are looking for an HR Business Partner who will partner with the HelloTech Toronto business unit. Reporting to the Senior Manager, People, you will act as a strategic business partner and coach for people leaders within the Canadian tech hub and provide operational People support to HelloTech Toronto employees. You will also collaborate effectively with your HBRP peers across our international HelloTech markets to ensure a consistent and excellent employee experience. As part of the People Team, you will play a key role in supporting our employees as we continue to scale and change the way people eat forever.
- Provide strategic business partnership and coaching to people leaders at all levels and ICs on the HelloTech Toronto team
- Support our HelloTech Toronto leadership team through all Canada and global (where applicable) People Team processes, including talent development, performance management, employee relations, change management and organizational design
- Collaborate with other People Team functions including talent acquisition, learning and development, and fellow business partners to inform the design and implementation of People Team programs for your group
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues, and conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations as necessary
- Work closely with People teams based in Germany and US supporting our global HelloTech organization to ensure open communication and alignment across markets
- Use data based insights from trends and People Team metrics to create and implement solutions, programs and policies for the HelloTech Toronto group, in collaboration with the other members of the People Team
- Identify learning and development needs for the HelloTech Toronto group
At a minimum, you have:
- 5+ years experience in HR, with 2+ years in a Business Partner role working with engineering teams
- In-depth knowledge of Ontario employment laws, practices, regulations, recruitment, and compensation
- Demonstrated experience navigating ambiguity and skillful at balancing business needs with HR best practices
- Ability to build effective partnerships across the business including people leaders, executives, ICs, international and distributed teams
- Experience driving key programs and processes (performance management cycles, calibration facilitation, compensation planning, people leader coaching, employee relations/conflict resolution, organizational design, etc.)
- Previous tech company background and experience helping tech talent build careers would be an asset
Why you'll love it here:
- A competitive salary and company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh and Chefs Plate boxes
- Partial top-up for parental leaves
- We trust and support you - take ownership of your work and push your ideas from inception to execution
- We want to see you grow - we support your career progression and provide learning and development opportunities
- We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. You’ll work with fun, energetic, and supportive teams.
- We’ve kept up the work-hard, play-hard energy virtually. From team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays to holiday and milestone celebrations, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to connect socially with teammates across the company.