Sotera, a KeyW company, is seeking a HR Business Partner in Herndon, VA.
The HR Business Partner:
- Implements Human Resources policies, partnering with business operations to ensure a complete understanding of business needs and objectives and resolves HR issues.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Actively works to establish close trust-based relationship with assigned sector’s senior management to ensure that business objectives and HR objectives are linked.
- For assigned client base, responsible for and/or serves as a HR liaison for the following areas: succession planning, talent management, employment, employee relations, compensation, benefits, EEO, career levels/development, compensation, and training and development
- Executes and coordinates training programs (i.e. compliance, management, leadership)
- Improves manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; coaching and counseling managers and employees.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and new hire check-in’s.
- Participates in division and department staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles strategic-related reports.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
Knowledge and skills
- Considerable knowledge of legal and compliance regulations.
- Solid oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization.
- Experience with executive training programs and comfortable executing training
- Working knowledge of compensation and related issues.
- Knowledge of employment law, legal and compliance regulations.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor's degree and five (5) years of Human Resources experience, OR
- A Master' degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration and three (3) years of experience in the HR field, OR
- Seven (7) years of experience in the HR field, OR
- Any similar combination of education and experience.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred
- Must be able to travel 25%
About The Organization
Sotera Defense Solutions, Inc. (Sotera) is an agile, mid-size national securitytechnology company that delivers innovative systems, solutions and services in support of the critical missions of the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and federal law enforcement agencies charged with ensuring the safety and security of our nation. Our 1,200 employees are focused on delivering essential counterterrorism, cyber operations, intelligence, data analytics, C4ISR and force mobility solutions to our customers throughout the national security community.
Sotera Defense Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.