The HR Business Partner for Sales & Marketing functions (HRBP-Sales) plays a critical, collaborative role in aligning functional talent to help Natus meet and exceed business objectives. This role is a hands-on position that will be key in driving excellence in these functional business groups and within the HR Team.
The HRBP-Sales serves as a trusted partner to management on HR-related issues and assesses/anticipates the needs of their functional global group by building strong relationships and possessing a deep knowledge of their unique business needs and attributes. This role may have domestic direct reports.
In this position you will:
- Formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization.
- Conducts meaningful, weekly meetings with business leaders and maintains an effective level of business literacy about the functional group’s financial position, its mid-range plans, its culture and its competition.
- May lead, mentor and cross-train direct reports to create a team of functional subject matter experts that support results-driven business goals and objectives.
- Communicates needs proactively within the HR Team and business management to develop integrated solutions to complex organizational challenges.
- Identifies and drives process improvement initiatives and fosters a continuous improvement culture that motivates staff and delivers results.
- Reviews trends, metrics and all relevant data in partnership with the L2 HR Team to develop people-centric solutions, programs and policies to take the business function to the next level.
- Participates in creating and executing end-to-end people strategies to champion all staff and help them achieve their professional goals and ambitions.
- Manages and resolves complicated employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations and coaches/guides management to successful outcomes.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance for a global company. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to business leaders within their functional group (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- May provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning..
- Experience working with and influencing leaders at all levels from front line managers to senior executives.
- Business Acumen.
- Data-centric Problem Solving
- Critical Evaluation.
- Ethical Practice.
- Immigration & Work Authorization.
- HR Expertise.
- Relationship Management.
- Change Management.
- Organizational Design/Effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, business, or related field. Master’s degree in Human Resources a plus.
- Prior experience with manufacturing and distribution involving medical devices, electronics, electro-mechanical, electrical, computers and/or software components.
- Minimum 10 years of applicable Human Resources experience with 5+ years’ of experience working directly with senior leadership in an advisory capacity.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Knowledge of employment laws in the United States and Canada is required, EMEA and APAC strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, employee relations, immigration, diversity, performance management, and federal, state and international respective employment laws.
- Experience contributing to major cross-functional projects that included creating project plans and timelines, managing resource plans and monitoring/reporting performance to plan.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 systems and experience with ISO 13485 is desirable.
- Possesses expert level coaching, facilitation, conflict resolution, negotiation, presentation, process development, analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Proven track record of seeking out and leveraging data to drive business decision and question when data points and/or anecdotal information differ.
- Working knowledge of sales compensation process and planning, sales lifecyle, sales team training and development, sales talent needs to keep territory vacancies to a minimum, refining sales role profiles, etc. strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of global service, global call center, technical service and field service strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of up/down stream marketing including brand building, customer training, and trade shows, etc. strongly preferred.