Are you a people person? Do you like helping others solve problems and navigate their own way? Eager to be on your toes in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment? We’re looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic HR Business Partner to join the Policygenius People team!
Reporting into the Senior Manager, People Operations, you will work alongside key stakeholders to support employees in specific areas of the business and carry out people programs to foster employee fulfillment and organizational effectiveness. You’ll help to build and implement high-impact initiatives and efficient processes across a myriad of strategic HR functions. You will be essential in helping to scale and support the day-to-day people operations of a growing team.
In this role, you will…
- Serve as a trusted business partner to multiple teams, supporting employees at all levels.
- Promote a culture of learning and feedback by supporting the team with unbiased perspective, counsel, and “radically candid” feedback.
- Providing proactive coaching & guidance through sticky situations that enables resolution.
- Drive People team initiatives across the employee lifecycle, including annual performance and compensation reviews.
- Partner with leadership and cross-functional stakeholders to design and launch programs and strategy; diversity, equity & inclusion, operational excellence, employee engagement, and internal communications.
- Respond to HR-related questions and matters that span a bevy of areas (including employee relations, immigration, benefits, compensation, and onboarding/offboarding) while wearing your compliance goggles (i.e. maintaining documentation and staying current on employment law) where necessary.
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 6+ years of professional (ideally start-up) experience in various aspects of HR; with at least 3 years experience supporting as a business partner.
- You have a broad understanding of HR programs including coaching, performance management, employee relations and have experience using a complex HRIS system (Ultipro preferred).
- You have specific experience or specialization in DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion) and/or total rewards/compensation.
- You’re a great listener and have a knack for building trust-based relationships at all levels. You maintain objective, honest, confident, and clear communications.
- Others would describe you as nimble, and able to fly both high and low. You know how to zoom out and think on behalf of an organization while zooming in to tackle nuances at an individual level.
- You hold a self-starter mindset, have gumption to take the wheel before being asked, and take comfort in significant responsibility--no matter how administrative or strategic it is.
- You have a passion for continued learning and development with at least a Bachelor’s degree.
- You are highly motivated and process-driven with exceptional attention to detail.
- You are fluent in “people problem-solving.” You’re a quick study who can chart the best course of action while accounting for potential impact across people, teams, and the company.
- You are aligned with Pg’s people philosophy. You believe in the impact of building a high-performing culture, understand the work that is necessary to keep employees engaged to meet company goals, and know how to use data and tech to glean insights.
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.