Your daily responsibilities include
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Responsible for assisting in directing the operations and staff of the HR department. Develops, implements and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Creates effective and efficient schedules, while maintaining labor costs, meeting staffing objectives and achieving guest satisfaction
- Develops and maintains productive, informative, and respectful relationships that support achievement of business focused results with assigned departments.
- Serves as business partner to various client groups. Understands the organizational structure for each department; develops and maintains knowledge of the business unit needs; and, provides HRsupport to team members at all levels of the organization. Assist in directing responsibility for ensuring that property HR SLA’s are followed and met.
- Identifies and develops strategies for client groups with respect to turnover, retention, staff development, engagement, employee relations, guest service, compensation, wellness and performance management issues. Identify and establish partnership with local workforce development groups, colleges and community outreach organizations.
- Partners with top HR leader and other members of the HR team in the monthly budget reconciliations, P&L review, and approving departmental purchasing.
- Responsible for assisting in the budget process for the department and provide recommendations; ensuring compliance to departmental budget initiatives; reporting budget concerns to manager.
- Partners with top HR executive to determine Human Resources strategy.
- Analyzes property trends and metrics relative to engagement, turnover, staff development, etc. in partnership with HR team and develops solutions, programs and policies as necessary.
- Manages and resolve employee and/or labor relations issues; conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations in cases of grievances, harassment, employee concerns or EEOC issues.
- Maintains in depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provides performance management (coaching, counseling, career development, corrective action, performance reviews, and terminations) guidance/counsel to client groups and their teams to ensure compliance with law, regulations and internal policy/procedure.
- Maintains current knowledge of HR policies, programs, laws and regulations.
- Develops reports and other key metrics, including but not limited to, the monthly HR Scorecard, Strategic Plan or other identified HR analytics.
- Facilitates training and development programs and delivers results that corresponds with established goals. Analyzes results from programs and redirects as necessary for talent development purposes.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to Executive Management / GM.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
This job has supervisory responsibilities.
Responsible for staff development and training programs.
- Responsible for rewards and recognition program to maximize employee engagement.
- Evaluates team members within department and delivers constructive feedback to employees in regards to performance.
- Determines recommendation for staffing (including interviewing and hiring) and scheduling (planning, assigning and directing work) to meet business needs.
- Determines work procedures and expedites workflow.
- Responsible for employee performance (disciplining, coaching, counseling).
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in human resources management or related field from four year college or university; five or more years’ experience as a Human Resources Generalist or five or more years’ experience in at least two Human Resources specially areas (including, but not limited to, recruitment, employee relations, benefits, compensation, and training); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PHR or SPHR professional certification preferred.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook); iCIMS and Ultipro experience a plus.
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Demonstrated intermediate level of competence in the areas of ambition, customer service, engagement, leadership, business reasoning and emotional intelligence.
- Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, and weekend hours as business needs dictate