The Human Resources Business Partner – Market Director (HRBP – MKT DIR) serves as a trusted and collaborative advisor, providing a proactive, practical, and valued HR perspective in partnership with facility leadership. The HRBP – MKT DIR serves as the strategic partner to COE and the champion of value-added programs, ensuring facility alignment in support of attracting, motivating, and retaining top talent. This individual possesses strong skills in building relationships, diagnosing issues, advising, influencing, and guiding all levels of management on the HR implications of business decisions related to aspects of people-management and leadership. This individual drives and deploys programs and strategies for local talent management, development, compensation, performance management, and workplace rights that facilitate change and optimize the contribution and engagement level of employees. The HRBP – MKT DIR will utilize experience and analytics for evaluation of the effectiveness and efficiencies of HR programs and processes, while making recommendations for strategic changes. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of a variety of human resources disciplines, including employee relations, compensation, performance management, HR analytics and employee engagement
- Effective communicator, with strong professional and interpersonal skill
- Ability to serve as a consultant on strategic and operational matters
- Ability to handle confidential matters with maximum discretion
- Bachelor's degree in HR, business, or related field
- Master's degree in Human Resources, Organizational Leadership, or related field (preferred)
- 7 to 10 years of progressive Human Resources Management experience; OR
- Graduate of the AHS Leadership Residency program; AND 7 years of progressive human resource management experience
- 5-7 years of applicable leadership experience
- Management experience in healthcare organization
- 5-7 years HR business partner experience working in with senior leadership in a healthcare provider setting (preferred)
- Project management and consulting experience (preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Society for Human Resources Management Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), or Professional in Human Resources (PHR), or Certified Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP), Certified Strategic Human Resources Business Partner (sHRBP)
- Society for Human Resource Management Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) (preferred)
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth's core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own it as outlined in the organization's Performance Excellence Program
- GENERAL DUTIES:
- In partnership with executive leadership, diagnoses, translates, and defines current and future business needs into an overall integrated strategic HR plan for the facility aligned with long-term strategic initiatives of the region and organization. Focuses on strategic issues that contribute to the growth and competitiveness of the business.
- Leverages COE and shared services partnerships to address facility issues. Drives strategic initiatives and objectives as a proactive and valued member of executive leadership team, adjusting strategy to respond to changing needs.
- Responsible for facility HR oversight and, where applicable, serves as executive sponsor of regional talent strategies and execution as determined by the HR strategic and operational plans and contributes to functional and cross-functional initiatives.
- Provides expert advice, influencing business decisions impacting and related to all aspects of people management and leadership. Serves as a consultant, most frequently on issues related to strategy execution and change, talent management, employee engagement, and performance management by understanding the key drivers of the business and how effective human capital management strategies can assist with achieving organizational goals.
- WORKFORCE PLANNING & ORG DESIGN:
- Responsible for planning and approval of labor demand model, workforce, and strategic planning. Oversees facility reorganization efforts, including partnering with employee relations to execute transition plans associated with reduction in workforce, outsourcing, and regionalization initiatives.
- TALENT ACQUISITION & ONBOARDING:
- Monitors internal metrics and external market developments to diagnose sources of current and potential retention challenges. Diagnoses critical talent needs and gaps throughout the facility, partners with COE talent management, and leads in development of strategies to address talent needs at a local level. Sets strategic objectives for new hire experience components to include, but not limited to, selection, onboarding, new hire orientations.
- Oversees and manages compliance efforts related to regulatory standards, including serving on compliance committees and providing documentation to the appropriate authorities.
- PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT & TALENT DEVELOPMENT:
- Partners with executive leadership in the development of organizational development solutions. Assess organizational capabilities by identifying competency and talent gaps, ensuring development of human capital resources, and performing talent assessments and succession planning aligned with current and future performance standards and organizational goals. Serves as a strategic partner concerning escalated employee relations issues.
- COMPENSATION & PAY PROGRAMS:
- Partners with COE regarding organization compensation strategies and leads local compensation strategies as appropriate, facilitates annual compensation decisions, administration and accompanying guidelines.
- WELLNESS/ BENEFITS:
- Develop and champion employee wellness programs aligned to organizational mission and in support of business objectives.
- REWARDS RECOGNITION & ENGAGEMENT:
- Collaborates with facility executives to evaluate and lead a comprehensive strategy to engage, motivate, and retain employees. Sets strategy for employee events, projects, and communication, utilizing employee experience partner for support. Examples may include: service awards programs and events, mailing projects, employee related functions, reward/recognition, local job fairs, open enrollment events and communication.
- Owns or partners with internal communication to coordinate employee communications.
- Reviews and benchmarks the internal and external environment to improve HR policies and initiatives. Identifies and drives the sharing of best practices across functions to facilitate continuous improvement. Oversees and manages compliance efforts for employment related policies. Provides guidance to leadership in the administration and interpretation of policies, assuring consistent administration.
- HR KNOWLEDGE:
- Maintains knowledge of progressive HR practices and key trends in talent. Ensures compliance measures are maintained for all regulatory and legal requirements.
- CHANGE MANAGEMENT:
- Serves as a strategic change agent, demonstrating the ability to influence, negotiate and gain buy-in at all levels within the organization. Drives employee engagement and change management activities. Coaches executive leadership through change management process. Leverages and tracks early dynamic condition indicators that may impact the success of achieving and sustaining change/success.
- SUPER USER OF OPERATING MODEL AND TECHNOLOGY:
- Serves as a champion for the HR operating model and serves as the primary liaison between the facility leadership and COE to ensure that services and solutions are driving business objectives and aligned with facility needs. Serve as a trusted partner, initiating and maintaining effective communication with facility leaders, HR Shared Services, and Centers of Expertise. Identifies new opportunities for HR to add value to the business.
- HR ANALYTICS:
- Utilizes workforce data analytics and business metrics to identify and analyze talent implications, trends, formulates insights, and makes recommendations on key business solutions and opportunities to influence and drive employee engagement, performance, retention, and influence leadership decision making.
- Meets financial objectives by developing, implementing and owning human resources budget, scheduling and monitoring expenditures, and analyzing and addressing variances.
- MISSION INTEGRATION & CULTURE:
- Provides leadership and influence in the mission integration and culture of facility aligned with AHS Mission Integration standards.
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for managing other HRBP(s), may also manage Associate HRBP(s) and Employee Experience Partner(s).