Interested in a future that exceeds your expectations? AlixPartners, a leading global consulting firm, is looking for an experienced Human Resources Manager to be part of the Enterprise Improvement People Operations leadership team. In this position, you will help drive results and continued rapid growth in a strategic and highly collaborative HR and business role, working closely with the HR COEs and as a trusted advisor with Enterprise Improvement (EI) Practice Leaders.
This role manages people operations for our Enterprise Improvement practice team(s) including the planning, coordination and implementation of the full range of people activities related to; performance management, professional development, resource planning and employee engagement.
The HR Business Partner, Manager - EI (known internally as People Business Partner Manager - EI) is a full-time role located in our Southfield, Michigan or New York City office reporting to the Director, People Business Partner – EI Americas.
- Works closely with the EI People Business Partner Director and EI Managing Directors to understand and accomplish Practice area(s) business operating, growth and profitability results, while delivering a top employer of choice experience to our team.
- Serves as a lead point of service across applicable EI Practice(s). Provides advice and counsel on all human capital related matters; workforce planning, employee relations, consultant and leadership development, on-boarding, HR operations, employee communications, resource planning and staffing, compensation/total rewards and retention.
- Develops a deep understanding of the Firm's culture and Practice area(s) business. Uses data to measure and manage Practice(s) key performance metrics; analyzes trends and develops proactive actions to further support business objectives.
- Partners with firm's HR COEs to solve business problems and to execute firm-wide talent initiatives. Plans, implements, communicates and administers people programs and capabilities within Enterprise Improvement Americas Practice(s).
- Helps practice leaders manage employee relations activity including; separations, performance management actions, and conflict resolution.
- Serves as a steward of development planning, as well as, an effective personal coach with individual consultants and leaders.
- Works seamlessly with practice leaders, people business partner and talent managers to optimally manage staff allocation, provide timely reporting and staff client engagements while balancing consultant career development goals.
- Supports the development and execution of EI Community on-boarding and training.
- Serves as a culture carrier. Develops partnerships across the HR function to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization.
- Reviews and assists with maintenance of human resources information systems to ensure recordkeeping and reporting requirements are accurate and timely.
- Maintains an effective level of HR knowledge and theory, as well as, business literacy about the business units' financial position, its mid-range plans, its culture and its competition.
- Additional responsibilities as identified.
- 7+ years, or equivalent, of progressive talent management, human resources or related experience required, ideally in a professional services firm.
- Bachelor's degree required in Business, Human Resources or related area; Advanced Graduate level Degree preferred. SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification a plus.
- Extensive employee relations experience is a must, including experience managing difficult situations and/or investigations
- Strong written, verbal communication, listening and facilitation skills; proactively-communicates, and modulates communication to audience. Ability to comfortably and effectively communicate with executive leaders and staff at all levels.
- Executive presence. High energy, proactive, flexible and adaptive style. Easily adapts to a wide range of business situations.
- Possesses business acumen and business partnership capabilities. Ability to learn and adapt quickly to changing business needs. Demonstrated ability to influence others and build strong, collaborative relationships and networks. Ability to work with executive leaders, providing exceptional customer service results.
- Demonstrates success supporting groups remotely, effectively partnering with leaders and building relationships at a distance
- A demonstrated ability to multitask, probe, analyze and problem-solve issues with minimal guidance
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & related Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, problem-solving, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Mitigates risk by: understanding current legislation, coaches and enforces regulations with managers, and proactively recommending procedural improvements.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a competitive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).