Job Description :
Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation is a world leader in the design and manufacture of advanced helicopters for commercial, industrial and military uses.
Sikorsky helicopters are used by all five branches of the United States armed forces, along with military services and commercial operators in more than 40 nations.
Based in Stratford, Connecticut, USA, Sikorsky has outlying facilities in other Connecticut locations as well as in Pennsylvania, Texas, Florida and Alabama.
Sikorsky Commercial Systems & Services (CSS) and Global Military Systems & Services (GMSS) Programs has responsibility for program execution for all commercial programs (S-92 and S-76) as well as International Military Programs (TUHP, CMHP, S-70i and S-70B).
These two organizations are responsible for ~$2.0B in annual revenue and over $8.5B in backlog. This position will be based in Shelton, CT.
The identified candidate will be responsible for supporting a segment of the employee population aligned with the CSS and GMSS P&Ls to align HR objectives and initiatives to business strategy.
Additionally, he/she will effectively manage and execute HR processes, including talent acquisition and development, Leadership Development Review (LDR), Performance Management (PFT), employee engagement, diversity, salary planning, and incentive compensation planning as well as managing and tracking compliance against deadlines for the CSS and GMSS organizations.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
-Providing analytical/project support for key initiatives including but not limited to: HR Operating Review, Human Capital Strategy, Diversity & Inclusion, Performance Management and Organizational Design.
-Providing strategic and tactical HR support to the leadership team and employees within the organization.
-Partnering with other managers to understand key business challenges and organization needs, and identify and execute programs to address gaps.
-Leading and facilitating change initiatives through the use of HR consultation skills. Providing advice and counsel to empoyees on a variety of topics to optimize employee engagement, team development, and organizational effectiveness.
-Counseling employees on HR processes and procedures, performance management, and career planning.
-Partnering with employment counsel as appropriate to objectively assess and bring employee relations issues to resolution.
-Managing Affirmative Action Plans and ensuring requirements are maintained.
-Deploying and implementing Human Resources policies and practices.
-Leading Employee Engagement activities for this organization.
-Working closely with local HR and field HR teams to ensure business alignment and consistency in application of policies and procedures
The successful candidate must have:
- Knowledge of human resource practices and policies, and applicable state and federal laws
- Three years of HR Generalist or Labor Relations experience
- Demonstrated analytics experience in compiling/analyzing/summarizing data
- Demonstrated ability to handle proprietary and confidential material appropriately
- Well-developed decision-making, prioritization, and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills across all levels of the organization
- Experience supporting senior leadership clients.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills and demonstrate successful management of multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- BA/BS degree with 6 years of experience
- MA/MS degree with 4 years of experience, preferably in Human Resources or Industrial & Labor Relations
- Ability to foster change and promote and implement improvement and effectively work in a matrixed organization
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills