The Human Resources Business Partner applies well developed knowledge of HR principles, theories, concepts and industry practices to coordinate implementation of services, policies, and programs through collaboration with other Human Resources staff members. Advises company managers on Human Resources issues and develops solutions for the business.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Solves complex problems regarding established policies, procedures or programs by providing guidance related to Human Resources policies and practices. Works independently within broad guidelines. Work is reviewed for obtainment of objectives.
- Participates in the review of operational business strategy and objectives to determine the implication on human resources objectives.
- Recruits for exempt and non-exempt positions in the Midland and Garden City offices.
- On boards new hires and helps assimilate new employees into the Laredo culture.
- Assists in advising management of risks associated with current business practices and recommends improvements by providing expertise to management in local, state and federal employment laws. Coaches managers on employee issues to assist in writing letters, developmental plans, etc.
- Promptly reports any compliance related concerns to the HR Management team and works through appropriate solution.
- Maintains communication with departments on all human resources related issues. Reports recommendations and alternatives regarding human resources strategy to higher level managers.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Ensures that human resources needs are met in a timely manner at all times. Is responsible for providing the highest level of customer service and accessibility to the managers and employees.
- Lead department wide strategic initiatives. Responsible for meeting timelines and costs associated with project.
- Performs other duties as required. These duties may include assignments in job classifications other than the primary assignment.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or other appropriate discipline from and accredited four-year college or university. A combination of education, experience and training may be substituted for these requirements.
- A minimum of 7 years of human resources related experience. Broad range of Human Resources Experience in multiple areas of Human Resources such as; recruiting, employee relations, compensation, employment law, succession planning and training and development is required.
- Strong understanding of HR law, rules and regulations.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Experience with Ultimate Software and/or PetroSkills software a plus.
- Must be able to lead teams of people and work efficiency and effectively in a Team Environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient at presenting information to others in a work setting. Experience training HR content to groups a plus.
- Must have sound judgment when working through HR related issues.
- Strong project management skills; work must be completed on time and accurately.
- Must have strong customer service skills and have ability to work effectively with all employees and managers.