HR Business Partner (HRBP)
The Consumer HR Business Partner (HRBP) will work as an integral member of the East Region Consumer client groups (Retail, Business Banking and Wealth field Leaders) providing HR supportthrough; coaching, consultation and delivery of the full range of HR services that contribute to the client strategy and business direction. This role will collaborate with HR partners and Centers of Excellence (COEs)to identify and deliver solutions to support business leaders and the strategies by helping to identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, structures, and processes that minimize risk, drive workforce effectiveness, and lead to improved business performance.
The HRBP will also work to integrate and deliver all HR programs and initiatives such as: recruiting approach and partnership, training, leadership development, performance management, compensation & benefits, employee relations, diversity & inclusion, and overall employee engagement. Success criteria include: demonstrated leadership skills with a focus on execution and sustainability, solutions focused with the ability to proactively offer strategic recommendations, project management, business acumen, influential coaching and consulting skills, and strong interpersonal skills with proven relationship-building ability. The HRBP role is an individual contributor that will partner with the Consumer Sr. HRBP in the East and the HR COE’s to deliver on the Businesses Human Capital priorities.
Essential Job Functions
• Act as a thought leader; consulting, challenging, influencing clients to be as effective and impactful as possible while balancing (minimizing) risk and reward. Operate as an executive coach toBusiness leaders.
• Implement the Human Capital plan for the assigned business unit. Provide leadership and execution in the following areas; leadership effectiveness, organizational effectiveness, employee engagement, retention, team development, communication, workforce planning, performance management, compensation, management development/coaching, diversity and inclusion.
• Lead talent and leadership development activities aligned with business strategy e.g. Performance Management and Leadership Development. Keeps talent priorities at the forefront with Sr. Leaders. Executes processes with a focus on development plans, coaching/counseling leaders, succession plans, bench strength for critical positions, retention of top talent, employee onboarding and new leader assimilation to drive business unit performance.
• Partner with leaders and COEs and lead Human Capital planning e.g., hiring, retention and performance management tactics including championing diversity commitments with emphasis onstrategic positions.
• Accountable for leading a successful relationship with Recruiting and Business Leaders toensure a proactive recruiting strategy and approach exists, identifies and overcomes challenges and leverages successes to build a diverse and successful workforce.
• Accountable for leader onboarding and effectiveness and champions onboarding focus throughout the teams to create awareness and reinforce criticality of the manager’s role in the process.
• Facilitate compensation processes including; base pay increases, short term incentive compensation (STIC), Long Term Incentive Compensation (LTIC), offers for strategic/critical hires, etc. to ensure differentiation for high performance.
• Partner to effectively manage complex Employee Relations. If involvement is required, partner with Employee Relations Solution Team (ERST) to determine level of involvement (advisory, engage, escalate) required and establish roles and responsibilities for resolution. Escalate trends and high-risk situations including potential sales practice violations. Proactively refer clients to the ERST.
• Consult with leaders and partners to develop and execute change management and communication plans as needed. Ensure learning points are identified and acted upon by leaders and the outcomes of changes are embedded in the employee and leadership strategies for sustainability.
• Support network and HR enterprise initiatives as a member of a project team and or champion the initiative with clients and HR community.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• 10+ years of HR experience, with positions of increasing responsibility
• Demonstrated ability to creatively solve HR related problems
• The ability to paint a compelling vision of a career at Key to attract talent
• The ability to manage, mostly through influence, to keep a multitude of stakeholders coordinated and high-performing
• Perceptive enough to judge the true strengths and weaknesses of people
• Able to connect talent with organizational needs to put the best talent in the most challenging and fulfilling roles
• The ability to keep talent engaged in good times and during challenges
• An ability to engage diverse constituents
• Proven experience working remotely from client base and being able to build and sustain relationships across geographies.
• Ability to travel to KeyBank geographic locations (roughly 20% of the time)
• Experience in at least one HR discipline, recruiting, employee relations, compensation, talent management
• Consumer business acumen and experience working in a Retail environment.