For Eastman, everything starts with our people. Creating a culture where everyone thrives and reaches their full potential is nonnegotiable – our ability to innovate and outperform depends on it and fuels our results.
As Eastman continues its digital journey, Eastman is bringing renewed focus to utilizing digital to enhance efficiency and effectiveness; transforming complexity into a competitive advantage through analytics; becoming a leader across the industry ecosystem; and differentiating in the market through specialty products and services. Our Digital plans are supported by a strategy around developing our IT organization and talent while also improving Eastman’s Digital acumen and culture. The role will strongly collaborate with the Chief Information Officer and leadership team in support of the IT organization and the Digital journey of Eastman.
- Translate strategic business plans into critical HR actions, programs, and initiatives.
- Evaluate and advise client groups on programs or strategies that impact the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the business.
- Counsel and/or mentor employees and managers regarding employee relations issues including performance management, facilitation of formal/informal investigations, and any resulting disciplinary actions.
- Collaborates with business leaders to interpret business needs and people priorities. Contributes to the design and/or integration of the holistic talent management plan (i.e., talent, structure, culture, performance management) for an assigned organization. Partners with business to monitor, execute, and continue to evolve and inform the right approach to grow and attract talent.
- Is empowered and fully responsible to drive HR initiative execution across organization as well as HR change management
- Facilitate the building or developing of capabilities to support the business strategy.
- Builds capability in managers to facilitate an open, inclusive, values-based environment that enables effective employee experience. Ensure HRM role is perceived as an objective employee resource and escalation path for unresolved HR issues. Instills trust and confidence by maintaining objectivity and clearly communicating rationale behind recommendations. Remain patient and professional at all times.
- Fosters a culture of ethical behavior. Ensures the client organization follows Eastman and HR policies and regulations, as well as local workforce laws. Ensures business leaders are making decisions and taking actions that are in accordance with them. Mitigate potential risk to the company.
- Analyze trends and identify issues in and across teams, synthesize results of analysis and makes sound recommendations.
Education and Experience
- BS/BA degree required.
- Advanced degree in HR preferred. PHR/SHRM-CP preferred or equivalent working experience.
- Years of Experience Required: 5+ years of relevant, HR Focused work experience
- Strong business acumen and people acumen, and ability to consult, coach and influence business leaders at a managerial level around complex HR decisions.
- Excellent cross-group collaboration, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong systems-thinking ability. Demonstrable experience in analyzing business issues and providing scalable HR solutions that address & align to broader business requirements.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, and achieve results in a fast-paced, heavily distributed team environment.
- Ability to manipulate and analyze HR data and drive solutions or recommendations based on data insights.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR laws such as EEOC guidelines, FLSA and ADA in US or equivalent labor laws in international locations.
- Can demonstrate the ability to priority based on the highest value add to business
- Can lead small projects or HR process in Client area
- Proficient in HR Systems and Microsoft Office Products, such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience in another HR function, such as Organization Design, Expatriate Administration, Talent Management, Compensation or Benefits a plus.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.