Job Description & Requirements
This position is under the supervision of the Human Resources Director and is responsible for organizational capability for specific plants/markets. He/she will be expected to drive and implement HR initiatives to increase organizational effectiveness, build capability and talent of workforce and team, and lead strategy and tactics to positively impact overall business performance and HR metrics.
Talent Manager & Organization Designer
- Responsible for execution of career development efforts, people planning, talent acquisition, performance management, and organizational design at the market and plant level. This role also, facilitates linkage between pay and performance.
- Consults with management team to analyze and assess people needs of the organization and develops and implements strategies to meet those needs.
- Participates and drives on-boarding and leadership development.
- Identifies key training needs and develops plans and timelines for design and delivery.
- Leads and develops HRBP direct reports as well as leads and participates in HR meetings.
- Involved in the leadership, development, and direction of the local management teams.
- Coordinates and assists the local management staff to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Drives business performance by utilizing knowledge of the business and the interrelationships to influence strategy and decision-making.
- Contributes to business performance by utilizing knowledge of financial concepts and being able to identify the key factors affecting the business units financial performance.
- Strategically drives and recommends business process consistencies.
- Ensures positive employee relations by proactive employee communication, prompt issue resolution and fair & equitable treatment. This includes support of local and national programs to promote employee good will and positive morale.
- Day-to-day oversight of labor relations within the geographical area of responsibility in coordination with the Labor Relations Center of Excellence.
- Participates in labor negotiations.
Culture & Change Steward
- Executes local and national initiatives using Dean Foods change management methodology.
- Leads, facilitates, and drives the change management process within the group.
- Identifies opportunities and recommends changes to increase performance, reduce cost, and positively impact metrics through analytical approaches, including the tracking of key data and analyzing trends.
- Utilizes knowledge of business trends to create and implement clear, relevant, and actionable plans. Tracks and develops plans to remove obstacles to success.
- Ensures alignment of goals and activities across functions.
- Anticipates and overcomes barriers to delivering quality HR services.
- Leverages and educates others on available technology, shared services, HR services and procedures to meet customer needs.
- Primary support to a General Manager and/or Plant Manager.
- May have exempt and non-exempt direct reports.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree, or graduate degree, in Business, Human Resource Management, or a related discipline. An advanced degree in business is a plus.
- Preferably will have 5 – 10 years experience in Human Resources.
- Ability to lead national and local projects.
- Demonstrates expertise in Labor/Employee Relations, Recruitment and Selection, Benefits and Compensation, as well as policy and procedure interpretation.
- Prior experience supporting multi facility with prior labor relations experience.
- Requires effective oral and written communications skills, excellent interpersonal skills and computer literacy.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others across levels and functions while working on multiple tasks in a matrixed organization.
- Ability to make decisions based on all relevant information and builds recommendations and solves problems, based on this data; may use spreadsheets, performance indicators, or other tools to analyze the data.
Requisition ID 2017-5070