We are seeking an experienced HR professional to serve as a consultant and coach to our leadership team on human resources related issues at one of our largest manufacturing sites across the globe. In this role, the successful HR Business Partner will act as an employee champion, advocate and be a change agent for the business. Drives adaptation of best practices, identifies problem areas for business process execution, recommends and implements solutions. If this rings true to you, then your skills are needed.
What will be expected from you
- Change Management: Enables the organization the adapt to and adopt change by ensuring project plans have sufficient sponsorship, communicates effectively with stakeholders, build awareness among impacted associates about the why behind changes, fosters associates desire to change, conveys knowledge about what is required and enables each associates ability to change and assesses buy-in and adoption and reinforces the change so that it becomes operationalized.
- Talent Management: Enables site success by developing and implementing plans, which ensures organization has the human resources aptitude needed, to deliver near and long term business plans. On an on-going basis ensures site's talent bank is full, and individual performance is optimized by building all associates awareness of the skills, competencies and proficiencies required for their role through development planning and actions.
- Employee and Labor Relations: Works with site leaders, managers, supervisors and associates to ensure associates are treated with respect. Builds positive employee relations by enabling positive supervisor behavior and ensuring organization has methods to address issues in a timely manner and communicates the reason for change. Promotes positive labor relations environment by advising and coaching associates, supervisors, and other HR staff as needed on appropriate administration of our labor agreements, and complaint handling process and procedure. Respond to grievances and participate in arbitrations and labor negotiations.
- Associate Engagement: Works with site leaders to develop and implement communication plans, which actively informs associates on site business plans and performance and see a clear line between the performances of their role contributes to the execution of our strategy and the sites success.
- HR Process: Responsible for effective delivery and implementation of HR policies, programs and procedures (e.g. Merit, PDP, Bonus, and Recognition Programs), collective bargaining agreements and random drug testing program.
- Compliance: Ensures doing the right thing by actively role modeling ethical behavior, by ensuring compliance concerns are investigated fully and in a timely manner. Conduct compliance investigations in coordination with legal and corporate HR on EEOC and compliance matters.
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- A Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field required.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience working as a HR manager /business partner.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with collective bargaining, labor relations, mediation and contract negotiations.
- Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, Email, and Microsoft programs.
- Knowledge and experience with Collective Bargaining, Labor Relations, Arbitration and Mediation.
- PHR, SPHR or Labor Certification preferred.
- Change Management Certification preferred.