HR Business Partner, HealthSpring
Cigna is seeking an HR Business Partner to join the team strategically supporting the Government Business Segment. This role will primarily support the Cigna HealthSpring markets. This role will be located in Philadelphia, PA, Nashville, TN or other key worksite locations. Travel will be required for the role; key locations being Philadelphia, PA, Nashville, TN, Phoenix, AZ, Chicago, IL, Birmingham, AL. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Talent and Capability Development
- Partner and coordinate with functionally aligned HR Business Partners and Center of Excellent (COE) resources to identify requirements and execute actions in support of building talent and capabilities across all functions in the market.
- Responsible for partnering closely with the client-aligned human resource business partner and business leaders in the development, management and delivery of functional and/or local market strategic workforce plans
- Drive facilitation, development and ongoing execution of strategic workforce planning deliverables
- Will coordinate and drive broader strategic workforce planning process and execution across the markets to ensure focused delivery on action plans.
- Responsible for project managing HR work streams associated with market initiatives
- Assist in the design, delivery and execution of the initiatives as part of the market leadership team
- May also participate in segment-wide and enterprise-wide special project initiatives
- Provides strategic HR consulting and problem-solving solutions on the most complex issues to business leaders
- Assists in the creation of development plans for high potential employees and identifies high potentials at all levels for current- and future-state critical roles
- Deliver solutions to improve processes, team dynamics, etc. to optimize organizational effectiveness
- Provide thought leadership and drives execution of business strategy, goals and priorities
Leadership Effectiveness and Key Talent Management
- Develops effective leaders within the organization, focusing on leadership needs and key themes identified as part of the business strategy and organizational and talent review processes. Initiatives include working with leaders to create strategies to close talent gaps, developing a highly effective leadership team; developing bench strength for succession and talent management. Encourages building strength through diversity.
- Designs and implements retention strategies focusing on key leaders and individuals with core competencies or skills critical to the organization. Coach leaders on their personal efficacy and leadership impact.
Employee Involvement and Engagement
- Identifies through elements of the work environment strategies to increase productivity, employee performance, and employee satisfaction and design metrics to track the effectiveness of these initiatives.
- Creates processes and solutions in partnership with management which support a positive employee relations environment through effective communications, policies and practices.
- Acts as a change agent to client groups, partners and project teams to drive organizational change through the application of a common framework, process and set of best practice tools, which prepare employees for ongoing change and transformation.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters preferred from a progressive Human Resources and/or business program.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in a HR Business Partner / generalist or talent acquisition role demonstrating increased levels of responsibility.
- Strong proficiency and proven success leading human resource organizations to further business strategies and create competitive advantage
- Proven track record of leading large, complex, organizational changes
- Ability to think strategically and transform strategy into action
- Strong business acumen with the ability to understand, discuss and work with leaders on Cigna's business strategy and human capital implication
- Credibility as a trusted advisor and confidant to senior leadership
- Knowledge of, and proven capability in organizational development techniques and performance management
- Experience leading organizations through change management
- Strong business acumen project management skills, successful teaming with colleagues, and a strong results orientation
- A highly effective communicator with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate ideas, concepts, and proposals
- Capable of quantitative analysis, with a proven ability to work with numbers and financial data