Summary: The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) serves a key role in implementing the organization's Talent strategy. They provide thought leadership to the business, HNE Talent strategy execution and HR functional program leadership. With direction from the Director of Human Resources, the HRBP shares the functional oversight and program development activities for each of the HR departments. These assignments change over time and will typically be shared among three HRPBs. These assignments would include annual talent review and planning, culture development, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, training, performance management, change management, employee relations, reporting and analysis and HR legal requirements. The HRBP originates, with the Director of HR and Organizational Development, the HR standards of practice and annual objectives that will provide a talent driven, High Performance Coaching Culture and Customer Experience (CX) behaviors that enable ongoing development of a superior and engaged workforce.
• Participate in building an HNE 3-year rolling talent strategy and annual plan to support HNE's strategic goals with focus on talent development and performance priorities of the company.
• For assigned business department support, dynamically monitor and support performance of by partnering with Executives, department heads and other HR leaders. Develop the "inside track" on what is happening in assigned departments and to broadly enable fast HR response and support as challenges arise.
• For each assigned HR department functional area, develop a critical assessment, strategic roadmap, improvement plans for programs and processes, tools, metrics, goals and deliverables.
• For assigned HR departments, quantify business value to HNE. Develop meaningful Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and create annual improvement goals and measures.
HR - Business Partnerships and Consulting
• Function as a coach and trusted business adviser to department leaders on all talent topics, i.e. strategic transformation, departmental process and structure design, talent acquisition and staffing, compensation, rewards, training, coaching, performance management, change management, culture management and employee relations.
• Ensure department managers understand and adhere to HNE's people standards regarding hiring approval, recruitment, job posting, promotion, organizational redesign and restructuring.
• Establish coaching as the standard practice and primary management style for all people managers.
• Reinforce Annual Performance Management and Talent Review Annual Cycle best practices to include Individual Development Plans for every associate, quarterly coaching for development and documentation throughout the annual cycle.
Talent Recruitment and Selection
• Ensure a steady and sufficient flow of diverse qualified candidates against annual and dynamically shifting hiring needs. This includes hiring for strategic competencies, competency upgrade plans and predicted and unpredicted turnover areas.
• Stay current on emerging and best practice recruitment methods and sources for each type of hiring.
• Utilize outside resources as conduits for finding talent including professional organizations, Universities, alumni, search professionals and an employee referral bonus program. Develop original approaches to recruitment that provides a competitive advantage in sourcing talent.
• Enable work force flexibility by developing best practices for rent to buy, rent only and partial FTE. Determine where, how and when to utilize these approaches.
• Become an expert on selection theory, methodology and best practices. Educate senior leadership on the potential results and business impact of excellence in selection practices.
• Develop portfolio of best in class interviewing methods to optimize success in selection. This includes Top Grading, team interviewing, assessment centers, job shadowing and biographical deep interviewing.
• Determine and develop best practices for HNE in psychological evaluation and testing tools, methods and costs for selected candidates.
Total Rewards, Compensation Administration and Benefits
• Advise our Executive Leadership Team (ELT), HNE Managers and Baystate Health Systems (BHS) on all needs regarding Compensation standards and practices.
• Serve as HRBP to department and provide high quality role designs that deliver the strategic competency agenda of HNE. Work with leaders to update job descriptions, roles and responsibilities. Ensure compliance with Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
• Stay abreast of emerging trends and practices in Total Rewards. Maintain and update Total Rewards Program, ensuring relevance, accuracy and timeliness.
• Partner with Baystate Benefits' team to ensure efficiencies are achieved. Assist BHS in analysis and assessment of programs in their applicability to HNE.
• Provide trends analysis, forecast future needs, costs changes and provide recommendations for program enhancements.
• Provide benefit plan modeling including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, LTD, STD, FSA's, HSA's, FMLA, etc.
• Conduct benefit plan contract negotiation meetings with vendors including the benefits administration outsourced solution partner.
• Manage annual benefits enrollment from communication to completion.
Training and Development
• Design, develop and implement company-wide training strategies. Identify emerging workforce skill needs, prepare training investment plan and programs that meet the development needs of the organization.
• Develop proprietary training programs to support HNE initiatives.
• Identify qualified internal and external trainers. Monitor and manage their work.
• Conduct core HNE leadership development training and drive the Customer Experience (CX) and High Performance (HPC) Culture.
• Develop standards of employee relations, ensuring all managers are trained and utilizing best practices.
• Resolve complex employee relation issues; conduct internal investigations when appropriate. Provide recommendations and appropriate actions that align with HNE's HR and legal practices, local, state and federal laws.
• Coach leadership on handling HR and employee issues and concerns. Design, develop and deliver educational materials and training to leaders to manage performance, drive accountability and coach for results.
• Design and implement an impactful annual Performance Management program. Design annual talent calendar of activities that reflects the full cycle of the performance plan process.
• Develop Individual Development Plans for associates, setting performance goals that link to corporate objectives/priorities. Advise on defining functional deliverables, behavioral expectations and competency development.
• Oversee the annual talent review process to ensure alignment with the annual budget process. Partner with the Director of HR and OD, and the other HRBPs on succession planning.
• Educate leaders and associates on the performance management process.
• Develop training and provide direction on regular performance discussions that utilize coaching, one-on-ones, quarterly check-ins, annual reviews, and progressive performance counseling plans. Ensure proper documentation aligns with legal requirements.
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field required. Master's degree or SHRM/SPHR or PHR certification preferred with 8 - 15 years' experience as a human resources generalist/consultant with strong skill set in Business Partnership, ER, Recruiting and Selection, Performance Management, Training and Development, equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Solid understanding of business concepts and strategic alignment
• Demonstrated competencies including critical thinking, influence management, collaboration and negotiation
• Experience working in a high demand, multi-tasking environment
• Ability to prioritize, plan and manage multiple projects independently and effectively
• Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving and conflict management skills
• Analysis and data driven to improve processes and measure results
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Seasoned facilitator, trainer, content designer
• Strong knowledge in adult learning theory.