HR Business Partner, Field Operations
Waste Management is presently looking for a Human Resources Business Partner to support our Learning/Development and Employee Relations programs. This position will sit in Charlotte, NC and will travel throughout North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.Otherminor duties may be assigned.
- Plans, manages and coordinates various HR functions and organizes and schedules all necessary resources required to accomplish activities.
- Plans and coordinates new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- Coordinates record of insurance coverage, 401(k) plan, and personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations
- Coordinates safety and health requirements and compliance, including safety committee, safety training and preparing reports for insurance carrier.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- Represents organization at personnel related hearings and investigations.
- Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as relocation service.
- Conducts training on company policy issues, and other issues as they arise.
- Counsels employees and other managers on various employee relation issues.
- Keeps records of hired employee characteristics for governmental reporting purposes.
- Maintains technical knowledge and a current awareness of new HR developments and techniques.
- Submits reasonable budget information and analyzes data versus year-to-date data and prior yearbudget.
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Human Resources, Business Administration or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: 7 years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
- PREFERRED - Employee Relations experience.
- PREFERRED - Facilitation and Learning/Development experience.