We have a phenomenal opportunity to add an HRBP (Human Resources Business Partner) to our Strategy, People & Culture team. At our Bank, we have always embraced telecommuting, and when we shift from our “work from home posture” next year, it will be in a hybrid model, allowing for generous telecommuting options. We know flexibility is very important to our employees.
As an HRBP on our team, you will support various business lines and work across our entire District. You will use HR standard methodologies, and your knowledge of employee engagement, and change management to get results and to continue to mature the HRBP function toward a true consultative partnership with our business groups. Our ideal candidate is an outstanding relationship builder and knows how to “meet people where they are” and create authentic partnerships by building real trust. You are able to think and plan strategically, but are also highly capable executing the tactical work as well.
In this critical role your day to day work will support the strategic direction for people programs that support business line objectives, organizational goals, and values. Our team reports up to the Executive Vice President, Strategy, People + Culture and we are tightly connected to the Bank’s strategy. Your high energy, passion and collaborative approach is essential as the main point of contact between the business line and the HR Centers of Excellence (COEs) to support the flawless execution of people programs. You will be able to have a significant impact in this highly visible role!
- Work closely with group leaders to understand, recommend, and implement people strategies and drive for strategic change, on people initiatives.
- Provide expertise, mentorship and coaching on highly confidential and sophisticated HR related matters.
- Take a hands-on approach to help to build a culture that reflects the Bank’s core values that supports a high level of employee morale and full engagement; assess the “pulse” of the employees on satisfaction,
- Identify and build partnerships with human resources Center of Excellence (recruiting, learning and development, employee relations, etc.) whenever appropriate.
- Analyze and identify sophisticated people issues and trends. Recommend solutions and execute appropriate actions.
- Mentor leaders on people management standard methodologies (i.e. recruiting, performance management, discipline, rewards and recognition.)
- Act as a change agent related to all people related initiatives.
- Mentor and partner with other HR professionals as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Organizational Development (OD) or related field or equivalent experience.
- Typically requires a minimum of seven or more years of demonstrated ability in a strategic Human Resources role.
- Experience building strong and trusted relationships at all levels of the business and, in particular, with senior level leadership.
- Ability to think strategically, and act tactically.
- Detailed understanding of business strategy and HR business practices including workforce development, organizational structure and design, change management and employee relations.
- Strong “solutions focus” and comfort level in an environment which demands results and the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions quickly.
- Experience working with a diverse staff of both non-exempt and exempt employees.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise excellent judgment with sensitive issues.
- Strong coaching, conflict resolution, relationship and team building skills with the ability to influence and engage at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication; solid ability to communicate complex issues succinctly, and create and conduct effective presentations.
- Intermediate Excel skills required for creating spreadsheets and working with formulas.
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws and standards.
- Excellent priority setting and project/time management skills, able to pivot when needed.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or a Green Card holder with the intent to become a U.S. Citizen
- Some travel after health emergency.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR)
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP)