HR Business Partner, Employee Relations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Employee Relations Matters:
- Investigates employee relations issues, i.e. employee complaints, alleged misbehavior, policy violations, and regulatory requirements. Makes recommendations to resolve issues in accordance with company policies, practices, and procedures.
- Consistently documents investigations and results.
- First reviewer of EEOC Charges and partners in providing necessary supporting documentation and feedback for applicable EEOC complaints, leave of absence issues and American with Disabilities Act (ADA) cases.
- Assists HR with performance management of employees.
- Assists in the implementation of human resources initiatives or projects.
- HR Compliance and Reporting:
- Responsible for HR Compliance function including, but not limited to, annual EEO-1, AAP, VETS 4212Reporting and MDHR Annual Compliance Report (Minnesota compliance).
- Acts as point person for HR Compliance audits including OFCCP and DOL.
- Maintains Wage & Labor Posters.
- RFP/Contracts/Customer Service Support related to Human Resources requests.
- Assists with other special projects or assignments as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong working knowledge of federal and state employment laws, regulatory requirements, etc.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with managers and colleagues at all levels within the organization.
- Strong presentation skills and facilitation experience.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Detail-oriented (especially with regard to effectively managing and documenting employee relations issues and investigations).
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degreerequired (preferably in Human Resources or Labor Relations).
- Minimum of 5+ years of previous Human Resources Generalist or Employee Relations Specialist experience required.
- Experience must include direct experience researching and resolving complex employee relations issues (including behavioral, performance, and policy violations).
- Experience in HR Compliance and reporting functions, preferred.