Provide support, in collaboration with the JHM Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer, the Senior Vice President of HR, and the President of the National Capital Region for Johns Hopkins Health System, for projects, partnerships, education/training and processes integrating the organization’s values of diversity, inclusion, and health equity throughout the National Capital Region. Specific functions to include, amongst other duties:
- Work collaboratively with the JHM Chief Diversity Officer, JHHS Diversity and Inclusion Leadership Committee, JHM Health Equity Advisory Committee, and National Capital Region leadership to develop and implement an organizational diversity, inclusion and health equity strategy at Sibley and Suburban.
- Support the analysis and interpretation of benchmarks and metrics to assess, design, implement and evaluate diversity and inclusion programs and trainings.
- Assist Chief Diversity Officer in working collaboratively with Human Resources to implement policies, guidelines and practices that support and value racial diversity in workforce, leadership, and governance bodies across the National Capital Region.
- Assist Chief Diversity Officer in working collaboratively with Organizational Equity to implement corporate policies and guidelines in the management of patient discrimination, religious conscience rules, and similar issues related to protected class.
- Direct and coordinate ongoing diversity awareness, unconscious bias, and cultural competency training, supported by the JHM Office of Diversity, Inclusion, and Health Equity and HR, targeting key service lines and stakeholders at Sibley and Suburban.
- Direct and coordinate hospital-wide education on the history of racism and other oppressions (sexism, heterosexism, ableism, ageism, class oppression) in medicine and health care in the NCR.
- Lead and provide strategic direction and supports to Sibley and Suburban Diversity & Inclusion Councils.
- Provide subject matter expertise and technical assistance in support of strategic community health equity initiatives within the National Capital Region.
- Support execution of the JHM diversity, inclusion, and health equity strategy in the National Capital Region.
- In coordination with the JHM Chief Diversity Officer, support development and implementation of data-informed strategic initiatives and priorities within the National Capital Region related to improving employee experience, quality of care, enhancing patient experience, and reducing health disparities.
A minimum of a Master’s degree in Management, Human Resources, Organizational Behavior, Organizational Development, , with specific expertise in Diversity, Inclusion, and/or group relations.
A minimum of 7 years of work experience, preferably in consulting, business and/or healthcare function is required.