We are looking for an HR Business Partner / Director to join our HR - Operations team to perform a lead role for the following functions including: compensation and benefits, employee relations, and performance management. The incumbent will develop and administer HR policies and procedures, HRIS management and reporting, and related training and ensure compliance with governmental regulations related to personnel management. You will oversee HR policies and procedures to ensure they are administered fairly and consistently throughout the organization. In this role, you will partner with teams, leaders and staff across the organization to advocate for continuous organizational performance improvement. You will serve as a trusted business partner and advisor providing guidance, counseling, and training to members of the management team on HR needs. You will solve complex problems while being "hands on" in all aspects of the role. This position reports to xxx, and works in close collaboration with the Senior Manager Talent BP HR and advisors.
- Designs and executes a comprehensive employee relations strategy
- Oversees, and participates in employee relations activities
- Recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish and sustain positive employer-employee relationships, and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation
- Takes prompt action to investigate and respond to all charges and complaints or delegates such responsibility as appropriate. Involves and works withHR-BP, counsel as appropriate, and collaborates with Department Heads in resolving issues.
- Advises managers and supervisors about the steps in the progressive discipline process. Counsels managers on employee relations issues. Monitors corrective action plans.
Policies and Procedures. Compliance
- Reviews, evaluates, and makes recommendations to executive management for improvement of the organization's HR policies, procedures, and practices.
- Interprets and monitors HR policies.
- Partners with management to communicate about the organization's personnel policies and procedures as well as changes and ensures that proper and consistent compliance is followed. Develop multiple methods of communicating and disseminating HR policies, procedures, benefits and other material.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organization's compliance with federal/state/local mandates. Revises and updates the HR policy manual.
- Develops and delivers in-house regulatory, compliance and employee relations training
Compensation and Benefits. Performance Management
- Oversees and manages compensation and benefits programs, policies, and procedures, including but not limited to job evaluation, job classification/reclassification, salary structures for all employees. Makes recommendations that are competitive and cost effective for the organization.
- Recommends, evaluates, and participates in the development and execution of the organization?s performance review process and procedures
- Assists executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization's wage and salary program.
- Manages new employee performance management process
- Ensures the effective execution of all HR operations, including administration of benefits and payroll processes and other related entities as required
HRIS and HR Metrics and Organizational Performance
- Develops and oversees a human resource information system (HRIS) that meets the organization's personnel and reporting information needs.
- Establish and monitor key HR performance metrics.
- Identifies and communicates opportunities for improvement in retention through the evaluation of turnover and exit interview data, survey data and best practices benchmarking.
- Defines, analyzes, and utilizes HR data to assist in developing HR strategy and improved decision making. Assists management with development of HR departmental performance targets and ensures alignment with organizational goals.
- Develops and prepares various HRreports and analyses to increase efficiency, effectiveness and address operational needs. Works with Operations, Talent and departments to identify and best utilize HR data.
- Consult on critical HR decisions and achieve operational excellence for the business
- Develops HR departmental goals and reviews departmental performance in relation to goals. Implements changes to effect continuous improvement in quality of HR services.
Your clients/colleagues will depend on you to:
- In partnership with the leadership team and Talent team, demonstrate an understanding of the vision, purpose and strategy of the business and how this aligns with our HR strategy
- Use data, metrics and internal / external trends to arrive at insights and structure HR projects and activities
- Build strong relationships with key management, business stakeholders, peers and staff
- Work with managers to resolve employee issues and formulate recommendations to the senior leadership team; understand trends, risks and recommend actions
- Work with the HRAssociates to ensure a smooth benefits and payroll function
- Support clients in the execution of evaluation and compensation process
- Display confidence, emotional intelligence, and decisiveness.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Minimum of 8-10 years?experience in an HR Generalist/Human Resources Business Partner role.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience serving in a consultative capacity to senior business leaders, shaping organizational strategy, goals and alignment
- Experience managing a variety of employee relations issues and HR compliance and giving guidance on confidential and highly sensitive HR issues.
- Experiencecollaborating with and leading various HR disciplines including compensation, employee relations and policies
- Ability to use HRreporting & analytics in generating insights and presenting findings back to the business and talent, as well as tracking and disseminating key HR data
- Demonstrated expertise building consensus on a cross-functional/cross-team basis
- Ability to proactively problem solve and be flexible to tailor processes and policies, where appropriate, to best meet the needs of the business
- Excellent judgment on a range of people issues and the confidence to influence leaders and outcomes.
- A strong team player ? ability to thrive in a dynamic, flexible, ?no job too small?, highly collaborative environment is essential
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field. Masters Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or equivalent preferred.
We'd love to see:
- Experience working in a matrix environment
- Certifications and course work in specific areas of HR expertise preferred, including Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), and/or Society for HR Management ? Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP)
- Practical knowledge of payroll and benefits management and related labor/tax legislation
- Strong business acumen with the ability to link strategy with HR solutions