The HR business partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues.
The successful HRBP acts as an employee champion and change agent. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management, the HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The position may include international human resource responsibilities. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its mid-range plans, its culture and its competition.
- Act as a primary point of contact to the executive board member regarding all HR agenda items.
- Collaborates with the Regional HR operations, Centers of Competence, and Shared Service colleagues in order to put policies, initiatives, initiatives, plans and programs.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Perform both hands-on and strategic roles, while managing complex relationships.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Assists international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Business Acumen
- Ethical Practice
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- HR Expertise
- Relationship Management
- Resilient and able to deal with ambiguity.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities- you will work as an individual contributor and partner with an executive board member who manages a team of 200-1200 employees.
Required Education and Experience
- Preferably a MBA in Human Resources
- Extensive knowledge in key HR areas (such as Operational HR, Compensation & Benefits, Recruiting, Talent Management, Organizational Design, Training & Development etc.)
- Minimum of 5years progressive experience as a HR Business Partner, or in a leadership advisory capacity, in a fast changing environment.
- Minimum 3-5years leadership experience, ideally with exposure to roles beyond HR.
- Track record in project management and leadership.
- Fluent in English (and ideally German as well).