The HR business partner (HRBP) position performs a key role working closely with the business leaders and employee groups to align the business objectives and the people needs and is instrumental in driving the culture and the values and employee engagement. The position serves as a trusted partner and consultant to management on human resource-related issues but also serves as an employee champion and change agent. The HRBP assesses and anticipates HR-related needs and works proactively to develop appropriate solutions. The HRBP must also play a key role in the appropriate management team and understand the financial and business objectives of the group and contribute to the overall decision making and strategy. The ideal candidate will show a combination of strategic skills and also a willingness to be tactical as required with a willingness to be hands on. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources the position primarily covers Norwalk but may include otherinternational/regional human resource responsibilities and the ability to travel is essential The role will be based in Norwalk, CT but will also cover otherInternational areas as required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Conducts regular meetings with key clients and respective business unit heads and establishes a close and trusted relationship
- Consults with line management, providing coaching, HR guidance and Employee Relations advice when appropriate
- Provides day-to-day HR administrative support and document and process administration as required
- Has responsibility for employee engagement and provides innovative solutions and support for talent management, performance management and career development
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations and minimizes legal exposure
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees in all countries as required, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. 8. Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention. 9. Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers
- Provides guidance and input on organizational design, business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning
- Identifies developmental training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs
- Is a leader for diversity and inclusion programs and requiredreporting e.g. gender gap, ethnicity and demographics.
- Provides input for wellness and awareness programs and other key employee initiatives
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met
- Work with the Business Leaders to shape leadership development and workforceretention initiatives that support the development of a diverse bench of talent
- Partner with HR colleagues in the Recruitment, Benefits, Compensation, and HRIS teams to support effective communication to employees and ensure that workforce requirements are being met.
- Business Acumen
- Presentation skills
- Ethical Practice
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- HR Expertise
- Relationship Management
- Emotional Intelligence
- Methodical and accurate reporting and administrative skills
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of 8 to 10years' experience resolving complex employee relations issues
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations where applicable, diversity, performance management, and country, federal and state respective employment laws and culture
- Experience working in a technology environment is essential
- Additional language skills and international HRexperience an advantage
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree and relevant industry experience
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.