The Philadelphia office of Cozen O'Connor is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner who will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of various HR functions throughout the firm. The HRBP will partner with managers to recruit and develop talent to support the administrative and staff functions of the law firm.
As a Human Resources Business Partner, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful HRBP must have comprehensive knowledge of human resource functions and possess sound judgement and independent thinking. HRIS experience, preferably with Oracle Fusion and Taleo. The HRBP will display well-developed and professional interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm, and the organizational skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines.
This position will report to the Director of HR.
- Recruit professional staff including gaining a thorough understanding of position requirements, sourcing candidates, screening applicants, conducting phone interviews, and maintaining contact with the candidates throughout the recruitment process
- Utilize the HRIS to manage the recruitment process and applicant tracking using Taleo
- Respond to general employee inquiries on all HR related topics; warm transferring the employee to others as appropriate
- Contribute to, understand and interpret firm policies and procedures
- Handle basic employee relations issues and document interactions
- Partner with managers to assist with talent coaching and management
- Act as the lead on New Hire Onboarding including conducting orientation, ensuring compliance with needed paperwork, Taleo processes, communications and surveys.
- Contribute to the administration internship and co-op programs
- Conduct exit interviews of support staff and paralegals in person or via phone/video conference
- Assist with annual Performance Evaluation process
- Ensure compliance with applicable HR related laws/regulations at the local, state, and federal level
- Identify ongoing training needs
- Collaborate with other areas of HR
- Assist with other projects as assigned, for example: external compensation surveys, documentation of processes, developing/updating training programs and aides etc.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in business, HR, social sciences, or a related field
- 5 years' of progressive related experience in Human Resources
- Flexibility is required as hours may increase during busy periods and minimal travel may be required
- Experience in law firm or professional services environment is preferred
- Experience using an HRIS (Oracle is preferred)
- HRCI/SHRM Certification is preferred; if no designation, a willingness to pursue certification
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment where attention to detail, analytical skills, and strong organizational skills are essential
- Outstanding written and verbal communications; ability to professionally interact with attorneys, staff, and vendors