The primary purpose of the HR Business Partner, Consultant position is to lead, support, facilitate and drive people processes and projects across areas of assigned client areas in partnership with the HR Business Partner Director and Vice President team. This role drives overall business performance and employee engagement by proactively diagnosing issues and opportunities and taking the necessary actions to address issues. This role also serves as coordination points to deliver targeted and efficient HR programs and services that drive measurable value for client. The HR Business Partner, Consultant will work in partnership with the HR Business Partner Director to assist in overseeing the work of the HR Business Partner, Analyst position as it relates to the implementation and administration of HR programs and initiatives within the business.
The HR Business Partner,Consultant leads in the development and execution of project plans as well asleads the HR strategies and business objectives, including but not limited to:talent planning, leadership development, performance management, workforceplanning, communication and diversity initiatives, etc., all of which helpfurther the goals of the HR delivery model. The HR Business Partner, Consultantwill accomplish this through building, nurturing and sustaining key stakeholderrelationships with HR Business Partners, HR COE partners and Business Clients.In addition, the HR Business Partner, Consultant will leverage their HRexpertise, knowledge and experiences to provide sound judgement, guidance andthought partnership to support and drive innovative solutions that will enablethe business to achieve their goals.
- Diagnoses potential issues at the individual, team, leader and organizational level; develops solutions grounded in the company’s core principles to address/fix issues to enable the success of the strategic priorities at the individual, team and company level.
- Provides leadership development coaching for supervisors and managers by preparing leaders for talent review discussions and facilitating quarterly talent check-in meetings to ensure business follow through on talent commitments and strategies.
- Consults with business leaders to collaborate on change that is needed, understands the impact of the change and implications, and implements the processes and systems to sustain the change through a comprehensive change management strategy.
- Partners with internal HR COEs such as Talent Acquisition, Organizational Effectiveness, Strategic Workforce Planning, Change Management, Learning & Development, Compensation and Employee Relations, to address issues and develop comprehensive strategies at the organization level.
- Understands the general business conditions that affect their industries, functions and geographical regions while staying current on the research and trends within HR (and business areas supported) to present an informed point of view.
- Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; communicating information and providing advice to drive projects forward; positively influencing team; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; providing feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership and mentoring junior team members.
- Collaborates with cross-functional partners such as HR COES, Finance and Legal to deliver upon the strategic priorities of the company.
- Consults with business leadership in the development of engagement action plans based on their Employee Opinion Survey results in alignment with their future business trends.
- Identifies development solutions and provides consulting to leaders on how to effectively accelerate the development of employees (i.e. exposure events, project assignments, coaching).
- Bachelor's Degree in HR, Business or other.
- 8 - 10 years of relevant work experience.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in HR or doing related work.
- Experience interfacing with multiple levels of management.
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior levels of leadership.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to be resilient and adaptable in times of challenge.
- Demonstrated ability to have direct and candid discussions while showing diplomacy.
- Experience with talent management practices.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools.
Job ID 1364516BR