Ardelyx is a publicly traded biotech company focused on improving the lives of patients by developing and commercializing first-in-class targeted therapies that advance patient care. Using our discovery model, Ardelyx scientists have characterized new biological mechanisms and pathways that have enabled us to develop a pipeline of drug candidates to manage complications related to kidney and cardiovascular diseases. Our lead candidate, tenapanor, is a first-in-class small molecule therapy for the treatment of hyperphosphatemia in adult patients with chronic kidney disease on dialysis. If approved, tenapanor could completely change the treatment paradigm in a disease state with significant unmet need. We are advancing the build of our commercial organization to be prepared for launch of tenapanor in mid-2021.
HR Business Partner, Commercial
As a member of a growing Human Resources team, the HR Business Partner will help support the company’s commercial function. The individual will be a member of the Commercial Leadership Team and will be responsible for supporting talent development, developing retention strategies and providing critical partnership to support the growing needs of the business. This role will advise leaders and employees on strategic and tactical HR issues and ensure that each group’s unique needs are reflected in the delivery of processes, tools and services. The individual will be a member of the HR Leadership Team and will support the ongoing design and roll-out of key HR people strategies.
- Serve as a key member of the Commercial Team, providing input, insight and leadership from an HR perspective.
- As a critical member of the HR Leadership Team, contribute to the broader global HR vision and strategy.
- Advise leaders and employees on strategic and tactical HR topics, including performance and talent management, retention, engagement, succession planning, workforce planning, rewards & recognition etc.
- Determine root causes to issues and recommend appropriate plans to optimize talent, structure and culture.
- Establish trust and credibility with leaders as a valuable sounding board on organizational and talent issues. Recommend and design organizational changes to optimize organization and talent.
- Serve as a partner and coach to identify and develop leaders and high potential individuals within the commercial organization.
- Consult with managers on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation including designing and creating solutions to specific compensation related problems/needs.
- Interpret and implement HR policies and procedures for managers, teams and employees. Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to affect continual improvements in the value of HR services and programs.
- Work with the HR team to proactively evaluate new programs and services; drive the creation, development and roll out of new programs that are designed to meet the changing needs of the organization.
- Identify and drive the communication and sharing of best practices across functions to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, HR management or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 8-10 + years’ experience as HR Generalist, Business Partner or management within biotech/Pharma Industry required.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to work within a complex, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment are critical to the long-term success of this position.
- Ability to build high levels of trust with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to influence and implement change and manage projects to successful and seamless completion.
- Highly articulate, energetic, and dynamic leader, possessing a high degree of professionalism, integrity, emotional intelligence, and confidence.
- Strong organizational skills in order to maintain a high level of productivity, innovation, and priority-setting. Ability to complete assignments on-time and on-budget.
- Ability to influence, motivate, and communicate effectively with individuals at every level of the company. Ability to deliver difficult messages effectively.
- Self-motivated, assertive, and self-confident, with the ability to act with urgency and passion.
- Willingness to work collaboratively by incorporating diverse perspectives and appropriately manage relationships in order to strengthen decision-making.
- Effective team player and collaborator across HR and the company.
- Entrepreneurial, enjoys working in a fast-paced, intense but highly rewarding small- company environment.
- Travel- approximately 25%
- Ability to work from the company’s office locations in Fremont, CA or Waltham, MA.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer without the need for sponsorship.
As a member of the Ardelyx team, you will play a key role in developing and bringing to market first-in-class medicines to better the lives of underserved patients. It’s the patients in need that motivate and inspire us to be relentless and work hard every day. They push us to maintain a clear focus on scientific and clinical integrity with a commitment to medical innovation so that we can deliver exceptional medicines. We are different for good.
Ardelyx, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer