Cetera Financial Group is seeking a dynamic Human Resources Business Partner to join our team in either our El Segundo or San Diego office. The HR Business Partner will support his/her respective business units to deliver end-to-end human resources solutions. This role will focus on both HR strategy and execution as well as assist with building and implementing within the HR function. The Human Resources Business Partners will support 200-400 Cetera employees across multiple functional and commercial areas in both El Segundo, San Diego and other Cetera offices throughout the US.
The successful candidates will be excited about the opportunity to contribute to the build out of Cetera's human resources capabilities and contribute toward the development of a best in class, business focused human resources environment.
What you will do:
- Thoroughly understand the business needs and priorities, translating them into an executable human resources strategy.
- Partner with senior leaders within the assigned business units to oversee, manage and execute on; year-end compensation process, performance management, change management, talent acquisition, employee relations, associate engagement and other HR "product" delivered at Cetera.
- Work closely with HRBP team as well as HR centers of excellence to provide a full range of HR services.
- Execute and support integrated talent management programs that directly tie to the business strategy and build alignment with departments and business leaders.
- Provide leadership coaching and assistance on setting objectives, providing written and verbal feedback and monitor completion of mid-year and annual performance reviews.
- Support leaders with team building, talent development, workflow distribution and employee relations issues.
- Provide coaching to leaders to enhance leadership abilities, support relationships among teams/individuals, interpersonal communications and performance management.
- Provide input on HR training modules and programs.
- Working with the CHRO and the Senior HR Business Partners, help establish a sound plan of management succession and organization design that corresponds to the company's strategy and objectives.
- Promote a culture of success, pride, performance, , and creativity. Work closely and engage with CFG leaders to establish an environment that is motivating and entrepreneurial in nature.
- Review transfer and promotion requests.
- Assist with defining new jobs, updating job descriptions and ensuring roles are aligned with business and market strategy.
- Answer general leave, benefits and policy questions.
- Attend manager/leader meetings of business unit groups.
- Ensure the consistent application of HR policies, processes and systems within the groups he/she supports.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
What you need to have:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Human Resources, Business Admin, or related field.
- Master's degree in HR or related field is a plus.
- Minimum 7 plus years' experience in HR related field.
- Seasoned professional that is concerned with problems that have a direct and
- important effect on business programs and results.
- Ability to integrate into the business.
- Resourceful and self-sufficient.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in the English
- Proficient in Microsoft (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work with confidential information and maintain confidentiality at
- all times is critical.
- Ability to adapt to a wide variety of situations and personalities.