HR Business Partner
This position is responsible for providing strategic consulting, program and policy development, performance management, and special project support to assist assigned clients in achievement of business goals and objectives while deploying the business and Human Resources strategy.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Partners with management in job analysis, design, evaluation, work flow processes, recruiting and staffing needs.
- Advises on development of new or updated policies to ensure productive performance management.
- Collaborates with compensation analyst and business management to revise and/or develop job descriptions for market comparison and position evaluation.
- Influences the direction of disciplinary and corrective action prior to management implementation and monitors the process throughout its duration to meet HR compliance.
- Collaborates with all levels of management to operationalize human capital strategies, data, and metrics.
- Partners with business management and Employee Relations in handling ER/Compliance issues.
- Assists in educating management and employees through various methods.
- Consults with management on how to interpret, strategize, and improve current people management processes and procedures.
- Conducts surveys and communicates to management to assess employee factors (i.e. engagement).
- Serves on internal committees as a Human Resources representative as needed.
- Develops and/or works on projects as assigned.
- Supports other HR Business Consultants and HR staff as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required. Equivalent experience is defined as 4 years of professional work experience.
- 7 years HR practice experience required.
- 3 years leadership experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be a team player, be organized and have the ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or function in a team environment sharing responsibility, roles, and accountability
- Thorough understanding of HR practices and standards (i.e. talent acquisition, performance management, employee relations, compensation and benefits, etc).
- Responsive problem solver and action oriented.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification preferred.