The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) enhances the department by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, practices, and maintaining legal compliance. This is an individual contributor position, but this person will mentor and share their knowledge with the HR team. This individual will report to the Manager of Human Resources and must be comfortable operating under minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITILES
- Leading and supporting the execution of HR programs in the respective business units, providing a point of view on organizational and leadership gaps, consultation and coaching to business leaders, managers and employees to help drive business goals and foster positive employee relations.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues, including conducting effective, thorough, and objective investigations with resolutions that are aligned with company policies and best practices.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, disciplinary actions, etc.)
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to the day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring legal compliance. Partners with internal and external legal counsel as needed/required.
- Conducts formal and informal leadership development needs analysis across the organization; partners with the L&D team to develop and administer training on HR-related matters across a global organization.
- Functions as subject matter expert (SME) in HR competencies across the People Teams organization but with a specialty focus in compensation. Partners with People Teams leaders to ensure that processes and proposed policies and programs are aligned with industry best practices and are legally compliant.
- Identifies internal training needs and facilitates inter-/intradepartment knowledge-sharing efforts.
- Provides guidance and input on workforce planning and succession planning.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree. Preference is given to HRCI- or SHRM-certified candidates
- High degree of integrity and ability to work with confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, presentation, relationship management, time management, decision-making, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively gain the respect and build trust of client groups and People Teams
- Effective interactions with all levels of employees, across different locations and cultures
- Proficiency in multiple HR functional areas including employee relations, organizational development, recruiting, leadership development, change management, compensation, and culture
- Strong business acumen in addition to highly developed oral and written communications
- Minimum of 5+ years of progressive HR experience, preferably in the Software/Hi Tech industries, with at least 3 years of demonstrated experience with complex employee relations matters
- Prior specialist experience in compensation with a global emphasis is strongly preferred
- Prior experience with HRIS systems, UltiPro strongly preferred
- Prior experience in a global organization is strongly preferred
- Prior experience in M&A is preferred.