Acts as a trusted advisor in our organization’s transformation, in partnership with the assigned business units the incumbent will provide strategic support to ensure implementation of HR management tools and talent capabilities.
The HR Advisor – Level 2 will be responsible for assigned business units, work with employees and managers, communicate and implement corporate policies, sustain our talent management programs and ensure HR best practices when it comes to integration, developing and retaining our talent.
The HR Advisor will:
1. Act as the local HR point of contact for employees and managers of their assigned business units;
2. Understand organizational issues and provide support to managers through the cycle of HR activities and workforce risk management;
3. Make recommendations for the continuous improvement of HR processes and practices;
4. Work in collaboration with the organizational development team to develop initiatives for its assigned business unit to generate engagement and performance;
5. Ensure the implementation and deployment of projects, initiatives, tools and HR programs;
6. Inform, train, support managers on various talent management activities and new HR programs while ensuring sustainability within its assigned business units;
7. Encourage the promotion of our employee satisfaction survey, analyze results, assist managers in the cascade of results, facilitate engagement improvement workshops and monitor the engagement action plans completion for the business unit they are responsible for;
8. Coach managers when it comes to employee relations such as absenteeism leaves and any other topics and activities related to the employee lives cycle.
9. Work in close collaboration with the talent acquisition team, conduct interviews for non-management positions.
10. Act as a change agent and support managers to become talent champions.
11. Partners with Organizational Development team to design and ensure the consistent execution programs in the Ontario region.
12. Partners with the HR Advisors to design and effectively deploy, manage and execute Organizational Development initiatives.
Key Area of Responsibility
1. Build and foster ongoing relationships to effectively partner with the business to coach and influence business decisions. Providing advice, coaching and leadership on some matters involving human capital impact.
2. Provide advice to managers and employees on a variety of HR subjects to ensure compliance to internal policies/procedures, and any legislative requirements.
3. If applicable, provide support to managers on the interpretation of the collective agreements or employee relations issues and manage the first step of grievance process.
4. Provide support to employees and managers within the talent management cycle: workforce planning and workforce risk management, recruitment, onboarding, performance management, employee engagement improvement, recognition, rewards and compensation and the employee life cycle.
5. Support the HR strategic plan by initiating and managing the consistent implementation of various HR initiatives in such organization design, leadership development and corporate responsibility and other corporate initiatives such CASL, our code ethics and be the ambassador our core values.
Education, Experience and Technical Skills
• A Bachelor’s degree in HR management or related field
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in HR
• Professional designation would be a key asset
• 3 years of experience in an HR Advisory role
• Strong understanding of various HR legislations (eg. Employment Standards, Human Rights, Health & Safety, Labor Relations, etc.,)
• Minimum 5 years of experience working with a Collective Agreement
• Minimum 2 years of Organizational Development experience
• Experience working in digital environment preferred
• Excellent of the English language (verbal and written)
Soft Skills and Competencies
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication and problem solving skills.
• Solid client /customer service orientation
• Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information with discretion and tact
• Ability to think proactively, and independently, to make decisions
• Strong influencing/consultative skills