HQ Accounting Manager
8 - 10 years experience • Automotive
Endevis talent acquisition group has been hired by a Top 50 - Tier 1 automotive supplier with $4B in annual revenue near Rochester Hills to find a Accounting Manager. Our client has positioned themselves for continued growth, with the ability to develop more focused and distinct business models, and with flexibility to pursue different strategic plans to capitalize on industry trends.
The Accounting Manager is an important role to the accounting function of the new organization. In addition to the main responsibilities of managing the accounting, the candidate in this role will be part of a team that will be able to shape the standards and processes.
The Accounting Manager will oversee the preparation of accounting entries and account reconciliations and will coordinate the month-end closing process to ensure that the Staffs, regional contacts and outsourced general accounting resources adhere to deadlines, and that the trial balances are submitted in accordance with corporate requirements and timelines. Additionally, he/she will oversee and review the quarterly review packages, assist in SOX preparation, support internal and external audits, and execute special projects and information requests as appropriate.
- Review of journal entries for the Company’s function with proper supporting documentation.
- Review monthly reconciliations for relevant accounts in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure that the accounting transactions are accounted for in a timely and accurate manner, in accordance with accounting standards.
- Manage the monthly closing process.
- Provide direction to staffs with respect to financial functions including journal entry processing, accounts payable and receivable functions, special transactions, and the monthly closing process.
- Review and present the quarterly chart set for Division financial review.
- Coordinate with general accounting outsourced personnel to ensure outsourced accounting functions are executed accurately and timely.
- Liaise with regional finance contacts with respect to the intercompany rebill process.
- Support external/internal audits.
- Assist in SOX compliance documentation and testing as required.
- Plan, develop, and execute special projects as appropriate.
- Manage and develop direct reports.
To be considered for the Accounting Manager role, professionals should have;
- 7-10years of accounting experience ideally including both public accounting and corporate experience
- Bachelordegree in accounting or finance
- Technical Competency: The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of US GAAP and experience in project management.
- Leadership Skills: This individual will have the ability to manage staff to accomplish objectives. He/she should have strong leadership skills and the ability to interface and work with individuals across the organization at all levels. He/she should have the capability and desire to take on broader roles in the finance organization. Additionally, this individual should understand and manage cultural differences inherent in a highly diverse international business, naturally building relationships across the organization through collaboration, consensus building and interpersonal effectiveness.