Industry: Aerospace & Defense•
Less than 5 years
Posted 61 days ago
Description: MacAulay-Brown Inc. (MacB) has a System Administrator position to support HQ Air Combat Command (A6) program directorate. The system administrator will provide enterprise systems maintenance and repair, maintain servers, software systems and networks. This position has a particular focus on experience with installing, maintaining, configuring, backing-up and restoring SolarWinds implementations.
The position will:
- Configure, maintain and upgrade network connection devices, network hardware/software equipment, and automation equipment, to include: running utility software, isolating client, server, or peripheral configuration problems, cleaning file systems of extraneous temporary and log files, and maintaining the approved system baseline.
- Coordinate installation, network implementation, and operation of systems with the host unit, planners, and external system program offices.
- Assist Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) and Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) in providing systems security management, technical analysis, and documentation support.
- Administer user accounts, file permissions, and print queues, load and configure software packages, updates, and patches and perform system backups.
- Provide technical support to include troubleshooting user operating problems, application problems, system configuration issues and malfunctions, and network operating problems, management information base (MIB), Object Identifier (OID), Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) and Storage Area Networks (SAN) to diagnose and troubleshoot network problems.
- Develop and enhance SolarWinds application LAN/WAN and server monitoring, reporting and alerting processes across the MAJCOM to improve device health, status, reporting, and patching.
- Identify communication service requirements, system architectures and designs; perform analysis, design and create integration/ implementation plans with required documentation.
- Analyze and provide recommendations regarding emerging network related technologies.
- Provide weekly updates of activity and status as requested; attend meetings to provide leadership situational awareness and recommendations through briefings.
- Provide support, inputs, and documentation for effective project management of network related programs and projects.